How the ATO PIff Your $ Away

Oh dear :p I'm laughing when really I should be crying. Imagine if this was at ASIC. They would need a prospectus lodged before engaging the ergonomist to undertake a lux-meter analysis. :(

And obtain consent of all in the office by resolution. Lodge a Form 666 and pay the fee within 8 days or penalties apply. And a license to give the opinion on the lux too.

At my workplace we are no longer allowed to stand on a chair or a desk to reach the clock so we can reset it every week. It was a brand new clock a year ago and it loses about five minutes each week. (Qld govt)

At my workplace we are no longer allowed to stand on a chair or a desk to reach the clock so we can reset it every week. It was a brand new clock a year ago and it loses about five minutes each week. (Qld govt)

That's nothing, at I think bhp you cannot put a a jacket behind your chair and are only allowed 1 personal photo in your cubicle. At I think chevron you ca get an official warning for jaywalking

That the starting clock right ? Another one the finish clock. That our view in our office. The things never agree.

That's nothing, at I think bhp you cannot put a a jacket behind your chair and are only allowed 1 personal photo in your cubicle. At I think chevron you ca get an official warning for jaywalking

There are many oxymoronic rules at mine sites. Far too many to mention them all!

I'm amazed that work even gets done some days!

pinkboy

At my work I recently stood on a gas-lift, swivel office chair on castors to install and remove christmas decorations. :eek: No issues. I just told the occ health and safety officer to shut his eyes while I did it :D

My flatmate is a window cleaner and has been cleaning a customer's factory window for years without incident. The company got a new occ health and safety rep who wanted to put him through a full induction, which he refused to do. He spoke to the manager and the manager had a quiet word to the occ health and safety guy... no induction. Personally I don't find safety inductions particularly useful. I have been involved in some where the participants openly told the instructer they didn't care about safety because if they got injured on site they would just go out on compo. I would rather keep my fingers thanks!

At my work I recently stood on a gas-lift, swivel office chair on castors to install and remove christmas decorations. :eek: No issues. I just told the occ health and safety officer to shut his eyes while I did it :D

At least you used a chair! My blokes would have stacked several 4L paint tins to get the required height to do something! Safe as bro!

pinkboy

Haha having worked first hand in the federal public sector, some of the inefficiencies and processes can drive you crazy. I can go on and on about this. In general though, money is generally governed we enough IMO. Management of the money is an issue, but the governance is strict.

At the same time, I've seen a lot of it too at other large commercial practices too. When running a large ship (ATO has 20000+ employees) - there's often more paperwork than necessary.

Cheers,
Redom

Level headed commercial PM - the tenant sits in a building (purpose-built to the government specification) which is on a net lease - they pay the lessor for all outgoings including changing light globes on a monthly maintenance contract. Should the tenant risk touching the lights only to be in breach of the lease?

One of my clients had to get the unions approval for the hospitals IT person to cross a road and review their computer issues. Same government department just separated in different offices.

There's a thought!

In my brand new govt purpose-built building (everyone gets the same building whether it is suitable or not) we got last year, each classroom has a bank of 16 (I think) fluoro lights, with one switch for the lot. Think I'll go in early on Thursday and "break" half the fluoros so they wont work. I guess it will take the Maintenance Officer a year or two to replace any of them, if at all. Especially if we whisper in his ear, with home-made chocolate cake, that we didn't want them in the first place :D We work in the dark all the time because the lights are way too bright.

Friend had to fill out incident report for QHealth after she poked herself in the eye... with her safety glasses... when she was putting them on... for safety.

Her eye is fine BTW, i always loved the irony, but seriously - safety first people.

The story I heard from a client working for a US IT manufacturer in Australia...

Staff were leaving the workplace to smoke. The employer was concerned an injury may be their responsibility and sought advice. The advice ...Build a smoking area with isolated ventilation etc on the premises.

Hundreds of thousands of dollars later, staff refuse to use it for fear they will be targeted as time wasters.

Back