How things change and the importance of setting goals.

I was just looking back over some of my first posts and how different my strategy has changed from then.

I'm also glad I got some experience under my belt before commenting on too many threads as my views have completely changed.

I think this firmly establishes the fact that GOALS and DIRECTION are key to not just PI, but anything in life. I didn't have anything written down back then and have only recently had clear set of goals I want to achieve. It has made it a lot easier to monitor myself and also plan and adjust for the future.

Below is an article I found on forbes.com, pretty interesting.

By Ashley Feinstein

We hear a lot about the importance of goal-setting, but most of us don?t have clear and measurable goals to work towards. Even fewer of us actually have those goals written down. Lewis Carroll says, ?any road will get you there, if you don?t know where you are going,? but how important are goals really and if they are vital, how can we make them most effective? There was a fascinating study conducted on the 1979 Harvard MBA program where graduate students were asked ?have you set clear, written goals for your future and made plans to accomplish them?? The result, only 3% had written goals and plans, 13% had goals but they weren?t in writing and 84% had no goals at all. Ten years later, the same group was interviewed again and the result was absolutely mind-blowing.

The 13% of the class who had goals, but did not write them down was earning twice the amount of the 84% who had no goals. The 3% who had written goals were earning, on average, ten times as much as the other 97% of the class combined! While this study only looks at earnings to quantify success, I still find it to be an extremely motivating example of why creating clear and measurable goals and writing them down is a key to success. Feeling motivated? Here are four steps to creating clear and measurable goals that will lead you to huge success. Rest of the article http://www.forbes.com/sites/85broads/2014/04/08/why-you-should-be-writing-down-your-goals/

How many of you have goals actually written out?

Haha no way, what a crack up! Didn't think Forbes would be such an unreliable source.
But yeah you get what I'm saying, it's just about focus and having the end goal in mind, that's what I think is key?
How
Many of you have your goals written down and are achieving them?

Back