How to avoid paying $300,000 to $1 million dollars of mortgage interests to the bank:

Your parents wouldn't let you use their dedicated sex room?

Catholic family. They don't hand out the key to the sex room until you're married. Then they practically lock you in there.

Seriously...

There's quite a few cultures where living at home with family until you can buy a house outright is quite normal, the whole family often gets involved. It can be a great way to get ahead. It's not for everyone though. Personally I enjoy my independence too much.

Forget the sex noises, what about several people snoring and the babies crying? Does the OP suggest we all share one toilet with our incontinent parents?

I can understand Mum and Dad as Boomers building a mansion to be shared with their adult children/partners and each family unit having their own wing. A $900K home is only $300K each when shared among three couples. We know of a family who did that but don't know how it is going several years later. The reason we don't do this with our own progeny is that neither of them are off welfare yet.

Forget about the kids wanting their independence. I want my independence from the kids!

It's great having them at home when they can manage, or visiting them. But we also all enjoy having separate lives.

What do u think of this idea? Any feedback is much appreciated.

First post and spruiking an idea is a give away just like thousand of first post on aussiestockforum and you can see how they all ended.

a town hall meeting where most people has no idea but going to a place concentrated by investors and many are very experience

you get tear to pieces :D

You can also save that $50K by using a tent in the backyard.
Yes, that's a good idea, mum and dad can use the tent, try to rig some sort of back yard loo and I reckon it's perfect, everyone has their own privacy, while we are all saving millions:) Wish I had thought about this one years ago

Forget about the kids wanting their independence. I want my independence from the kids!

It's great having them at home when they can manage, or visiting them. But we also all enjoy having separate lives.

That's my thinking . We're about to downsize while we still have three kids at home ... Hint, hint , we think the current house is too comfortable for them :rolleyes:

We've even bought a nice weekender they can go too with their friends

Happy to help with deposits as long as they are saving .

Cliff

Doing something similar.. well only the living at home bit. Got the green light from the folks that we can stay at home when maffied and when had children. Plan is oncd both kids start kindy then we move out. This also has given us the ability to start acumulating ip more. But first.. proposing to my girl today. Wish me luck

Doing something similar.. well only the living at home bit. Got the green light from the folks that we can stay at home when maffied and when had children. Plan is oncd both kids start kindy then we move out. This also has given us the ability to start acumulating ip more. But first.. proposing to my girl today. Wish me luck

Good Luck :D

cool! goodluck!! :p

Good luck!!!

Maybe dont tell her about living with your parents until after she says yes :)

Back