How to be a Real Estate Agent in 7 easy steps

Fresh from the conspiracy department ..

How to be a Real Estate Agent in 7 easy steps

1/ Establish the true value of the property.

2/ Meet the vendor and tell them their house is worth 20% more than it is. This usually secures you the business. Remember, if it's not an impossibility, it's not lying.

3/ After a week tell the vendor that in these uncertain times they should be prepared for a selling price of something less than originally estimated. Suggest something near the real value.

4/ During the next few weeks of the campaign, advertise the property at about 75% of its real value.

5/ If the vendor seems a liitle worried that their home seems to be worth about 60% of what you told them a couple of weeks ago, just tell them that it's about gathering momentum and interest amongst the buyers.

6/ Now that the vendor is a little concerned about wasting $10,000 on advertising should they not sell at auction, it's time to suggest a reserve. Always make it less than the real value so they will think you worked hard for them and did a good job. No need to push it, 10% below the real value should be fine. That gives you some room to negotiate a reserve with the vendor.

7/ Auction day arrives and the property sells for its real value. Vendor, relieved its all over, thanks you for getting them above the reserve you negotiated with them.

http://www.theage.com.au/yoursay1/2003/05/01/index.html

JJ

Thats awful - its slander, totally untruthful, you have no basis for saying this - can you cite examples ? where is my lawyer...

oh... this is the coffee lounge

:)

Some nasty stories there, a lot of people hurt and disillusioned by
dishonest agents. i dont think they realise the havoc they leave behind sometimes.

And I get rubbished for wanting to cut them out of the transaction.......................

Salesmans logic tell them what they want to hear and you'll sell them anything.

Hey PG
lm sure nobody would rubbish you if you wanted to go out and get your own listings to buy instead of trying to cut out the bloke who found the listing in the first place and told you about it.

Your Mate,the PEANUT:D

The other days paper(Telegraph/SMH) printed the results of a survey conducted on the amount of trust worthyness of peoples' professions.
Coming last (of course) were Real estate agents, with 2% approval rating.
That's 98% dis- approving!!!!!!!!
They all (98%) can't be wrong.

bbruham.

Why do real estate people mention their places of work as offices,
when they work from shops?
That makes them shopkeepers/shop assistants.
A bit up themselves!!!!!!!!

I saw that as well. I was trying to find the link to post on here but couldnt find it. For an industry that says there are only a couple of bad apples, thats a pretty damning statstic.
And they criticise Neil jenman!!

I don't think that the problem is that most real estate agents are crooks, it's simply that the bad and petty crooks (crook = unethical) are drawn to real estate - low barriers to entry and perceptually an easy way to GET RICH QUICK.

These bad/petty crooks do people over for a few bucks & get sprung (on national TV) often.

The really lucrative professions attract the smart crooks - finance, the corporate world, medicine, etc. Look at the ethics of the bad people in these professions and the returns they get.

There are higher barriers to entry, thus only the smart crooks get in and how often do they get sprung?

How many Bonds/Rivkins/Elliots are actually out there at ALL levels??? How many lives have been screwed over by corporate politics translated into funding & job cuts?

I've moved out of the corporate world into property investment full-time to get away from the crooks, frankly after dealing with Venture Financiers, directors & corporate officers, real estate agents are a breath of fresh air - mostly ethical & honest - within the limitations imposed by the system they are forced to work within (commission-based sales, uneducated buyers & sellers who all believe the agents are trying to rip them off) and the bad agents are obvious a mile off for people who take the time to look.

Rethink your premises :)

Cheers,

Aceyducey

No kidding Acey,

If thats true, then why does almost everyone who has had a dealing with a RE agent have a bad tale to tell, and if they dont have a bad one you certainly never hear any good ones.
And i mean almost everyone.

Brains,

How many times in their lives does the average person deal with a Real Estate agent - 5 or 6?

How many times do they deal with the likes of John Elliot - 0?

RE Agents more obviously affect peoples' lives. This doesn't mean they have the greatest impact.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Back