How to do with unresponsive PM?

My parents have a property managed by Q Management, Brisbane. And recently our property got flooded due to the storm. The tenant requested for rent reduction as the place is now semi-unlivable.
I have asked the PM to repair the unit ASAP even if i have to pay a premium (estimated $500 damage, rent per week $620). Problem is now it has been four weeks and the damage is not yet fixed, not even scheduled in for getting it fixed. :mad:

What can I do? Has anyone experience with Q management? Not really in the situation to sack the PM as I think it may drag the hole repairing process out further?

It's unfortunate that they are not following your instructions as you have made it easy by asking for repairs. Some landlords stall the process by asking for many quotes for minor issues!

If you have the tenants number you should take action on it yourself. Call a trades person and organise it to be fixed yourself.

The rent reduction is affecting you directly and it looks like you can't rely on the PM.

With so much damage done, and just before Xmas, there is real difficulty getting tradespeople. Work with your PM, not against them. Ask them if it would help if you could find some one. Is this an insurance claim, if so, then the insurer is in control, not the PM. Again, working with people achieves more. Labelling them unresponsive without knowing what is happening, may be unreasonable.

With so much damage done, and just before Xmas, there is real difficulty getting tradespeople. Work with your PM, not against them. Ask them if it would help if you could find some one. Is this an insurance claim, if so, then the insurer is in control, not the PM. Again, working with people achieves more. Labelling them unresponsive without knowing what is happening, may be unreasonable.

I share your view point totally Peter
X

Thanks guys for the advice. I say the PM has been unresponsive because replies from the PM has generally been slow (replying to email, voicemail ect).

Insurance has been slow and I had informed PM to just go ahead regardless of insurance, parents more than happy to pay to keep tenant happy.

I took on the task myself and got someone to come today to fix it for $400.

Took me three days to sort it all out, just a little disappointed that's all.

Mostly carpet damage and a few robes got flooded too.
The living room carpet got completely soaked and some spots has now got mold growing.

Mostly carpet damage and a few robes got flooded too.
The living room carpet got completely soaked and some spots has now got mold growing.

I've had similar issues, though without the estimated repair cost. We were told to wait for the carpet to dry out before damage could be assessed by the insurance company. The lost rent has to be costing more than the repairs I'd think.

Back