How to Find a Stud. Amazing Method!

I must admit, I eagerly clicked on this thread expecting something completely different :p

Me too.....:(

Stud.gif

That would appear to work well, but the video too several minutes and the hammer method in the first part found the stud in about 10 seconds!

:D

Wow that was really good and you are so entertaining- "crazy photo bomber" lol
that was awesome. thanks for the video

I just look in the mirror
I used to look in the mirror but now avoid it at all costs. I doesn't seem to work as good as it did years ago .... :p

Great tip with the magnet ..... I've always used a battery operated stud finder tool, ..... slow and pretty frustrating .... the magnet looks like a much better option.

Mystery

Do you know where to get the best magnets from? Out of an old microwave. They're really strong. I've got a few I have used to find studs (and collect metal shavings from my work bench). Most of the renos I do involve older places with timber studs, though.

Do you know where to get the best magnets from? Out of an old microwave. They're really strong. I've got a few I have used to find studs (and collect metal shavings from my work bench). Most of the renos I do involve older places with timber studs, though.

I believe he uses the magnet to find the metal nail in the timber stud...

Good idea with the magnets from the microwave mate.

Back