How to find winning sales award real estate agent?

I have a brother in law who wants to sell a property in Chatswood. He doesn't speak good english so I am asking on his behalf and hope you can help him. He would like to find a real estate locally in Chatswood to sell.

The problem is....as you know there are quite plenty of them but he wants to know how to search for one real estate where THAT particular sales rep has won many awards like best salesperson of the quarter\year. He seen alot of advertisement like "sold in 10 days", "sold xx properties" which he doesn't personally believe in that because just becasue you sold xx days or xx properties doesn't mean you are the best so rather than just entering randamly and he doesn't mind paying that sales rep a bit higher commission given he is not just experienced and good quality but winning awards is a major factor for him.

Any suggestions where to find a good sales rep in Chatswood or a way to find on the net who won the sales award in Chatswood etc?

Your help will be appreciated.

Find a vendor's advocate - they will interview the best local agents, negotiate your sales commission and fees and guide you when making decisions. It's usually a free service as they take a cut from the sales commission and agents are usually happy with that as they get the listing.

Geez.... that's a new one! Never knew they existed :eek:

The Y-man

Same here.

Go to a few open houses and pretend to be an interested buyer to see how they treat you andwhether they return calls.

Get a valuation from a valuer 1st and compare the agents pricing to the valuation.

Thanks for the great advice

But I want to ask how do you search for seller agents that has won numerous awards? Sure it's not like you go to Wiki and search for Tom Hanks, Stephen Speilbergs etc, you see how many awards they have won over the years, lol. But my point is, I had a friend who LUCKILY got a good agent that sold a good price in Ray White mainly because this agent bloke actually won alot of awards like Sales of the year, top sales of the quarters ranking no. etc

So how do you find these kind of sellers? Went to each agent's website but they only specified the profile but not the award winning notes. If those are listed, it would boost the confidence for my brother in law rather than going randamly or talking to each agent since it's alot of hassle and experiment.

Thanks

It is a chook raffle ie do you want someone who performs & is recognised by their franchise group or by the REI? Either way it is a pat on the back from their own kind not recommendations from sellers.

Just look in the Gold Coast Bulletin every weekl. There are pages and pages of full page spreads of agents patting themselves on their backs and telling themselves how good they are. Award night after award night. absolutely fantastic.
I wonder who pays for these adds. Now i know why commissions are so high.

Vendors advocate. Is that a joke

I wonder how many comments Sim had to delete from this thread that just said ''Me! Pick me, I'm the best agent in Chatswood!

Sales awards tend to be awarded by the franchise, and are based on factors such as most commission brought in to the agency, most sales etc, not so much about how much above the fair market value the houses were sold for.
As said above, going to open houses as buyer and seeing how they treat you and answer questions, and comparing the marketing campaign quality is best way to tell good agent.

Agree with others regarding awards. And theoretically thinking, if an agent has 10 listings at the same time, how much time he or she will devote to each of them? Top agents mostly have PAs to do most of the job for them.

Your bro in law doesn't need to be over concerned on which agent to use
Of course it can make a difference but the Chatswood market is hot hot hot
Anything (half decent or not) will sell itself

If he wants to invest some time in selecting the agent, look under sold section of domain and write down agents who have consistently sold properties similar to his for what appears to be good prices in the last 6 to 12 months.

Back