How to get a commercial loan?

Anybody can kindly give me some advice in regards to the commercial loan. As far as I know that if I have 30% cash for a property development project, then bank may lend me the rest of 70% loan. Also they may ask me to do some pre-sale. Just wondering in this case, the bank still needs to assessment my income or finance situation for the commercial loan? Some friends said that the commercial loan interest can be accumulated to pay at the end of the project, but I am not too sure. Is anyone familiar with this and give me some advice?

Thank you very much.

Anybody can kindly give me some advice in regards to the commercial loan. As far as I know that if I have 30% cash for a property development project, then bank may lend me the rest of 70% loan. Also they may ask me to do some pre-sale. Just wondering in this case, the bank still needs to assessment my income or finance situation for the commercial loan? Some friends said that the commercial loan interest can be accumulated to pay at the end of the project, but I am not too sure. Is anyone familiar with this and give me some advice?

Thank you very much.

Best to check with one of the brokers in the forum here. Being a commercial loan, it is very different from bank to bank, starting from the LVR, interest rate, etc. Some may require pre-sales, some don't if you can service the loan from your existing income. Would be best if you could get away with residential lending. Cheaper, less restriction etc

Thank you all,

I would like to introduce some our current situation. We are in Brisbane. We just complete a 3x3bedroom townhouse development, the location is less than 10km from Brisbane CBD. The Occupancy Permit will be issued at the end of this week or early next week. This project is conducted by our family. The rental income from the 3townhuses can cover the total amount of interest fee from bank loan, property agent management fee and council fee. So we decide to keep them all, not sell them.

Our next project is to develop 6 units in a similar area, but my son doesn't want to join with us for the 6unit development, he wants to take his finance out to do something he likes. So our service abilities are reduced. We have two friends very keen to join our project to develop the 6units. We will set up a trust for the project.

The budget for the project is outline as below:
* Total cost 2.3M
* $700,000 for purchasing a development site
* $1.32M for building construction
* $280,000 for other cost including design fee, demolition fee, council contribution fee, bank fee and contingency fee.
* Gross profit 20% of the total cost

Our finance situation:

* We can Inject 30% cash into the project
* Need to borrow 70% loan from bank
* Prefer the loan is not related to our income as I said before our service ability is not good enough to service the loan interest, but we can setup a bank account and deposit certain amount of money into the account, the bank can direct debit interest from the account during the project.
* After the project, we will sell all units.
We need some finance advice to help us to achieve the goal.

Thank you

How to get a loan for unit development

Hi,

Thank you for your advice, just wondering what sort of finance company can help for unit development loan in the situation.

Thank you

depends on your project
we have a very similar deal going on in brisbane - examples
lender 1 - the lesser of 75% of total development cost or 65% LVR net of GST. fees and rates lower
Lender 2 - 80% plus gst cap - fees higher

lender 2 gives more cash flex but... you pay for it.

Back