How to get on realestate.com?

Hi All,

Anyone know how to get on realestate.com?
I want to sell privately some house & land packages.. But u need to be a real estate company to list on here?
Maybe theres a realestate company I can pay a fee through that could let me list on this website? Any thoughts here be great!

Thanks
Grant

Grant

The guy (David Prater?) from sellsmartonline.com.au recently presented at a WAIP meeting. His office is fairly close to your region (not that that matters) when selling online.

Worth a call to check them out.

if you are selling packages as opposed to your own home you can become a subscriber to RE.com as a developer and list as many properties as you want.

you must be able to prove you are marketing packages though and not your PPOR.

give them a call - they have a range of developer packages available

Although realestate.com might be popular, it is not the best website. Domain.com.au is a lot better, at least for the buyer as it has many more advanced search features and they actually work!

Last edited:
Altough realestate.com? might be popular, it is not the best website. Domain.com.au is a lot better, at least for the buyer as it has may more advanced search features and they actually work!

Depends very much where you are. RE is the major site in Brisbane. Nobody I know uses or searches on domain. I believe it is more popular in the southern states.

depends where you are in Australia...

it goes along the lines of the predominent paper - either fairfax or PBL. Domain is owned by fairfax and seems to be more dominant where a fairfax paper is king. In Brisbane for example, domain barely rates a mention as there is no major fairfax paper here.

RE.com is still the larger site anyway - nearly double the unique hits on many of their pages.

your point is noted though, parts of domain are better

I actually found my current IP on Domain.com.au as it was not listed anywhere else and lucky for me I got it before they did their big advertising campaign in the coming weekend.

Last time I was using RE.com.au I was also finding some bugs and many properties not showing up in searches. So if you wanted to you can also find a number of properties there that others won't see or at least fewer than should. For example do a search in the Hunter Valley for all properties and you will see many for Tanilba Bay won't show up. To see them you would have to search for "Tanilba Bay" only. That is just a simple example. ;)

Depends very much where you are. RE is the major site in Brisbane. Nobody I know uses or searches on domain. I believe it is more popular in the southern states.

This is true, however as monsoon points out, you can't beat Domain for it's search capabilities (although even Domain could improve a lot).

I regularly use Domain for Brisbane-based searches, simply because I can input keywords such as 'urgent', 'original' or 'brick', etc.

-Ian

In SA Realestate.com is King!
I manage my own properties and I have always used the newspaper for ads for my rental properties but since the rental market is so tight, I haven't needed to get new tenants for years. Last year was first time for 3 years and I found for a 2 bedroom flat in Unley only a few responses from the paper (all students) and none when I paid about $300 on domain.com. So I asked a local RE to advertise on Realeastate.com and do the open inspections and then show & advise me on the applications so I could chose. Lucky I did there were hundreds of calls and dozens went through on the one open. I paid the 2 weeks rent as commission. More expensive than domain.com but what else can a non-agent do and at least its tax deductible and cheap when you think about how much work involved in taking those hundred or so inquiry calls.

(I assume you mean realestate.com.AU)

I've used http://www.landlordschoice.com.au/services.aspx

Email them with your particular needs.

Make sure you put your own phone number + email address in the description text, as otherwise enquiries are forwarded through them and take that much longer to reach you.

They were also slack in taking the ad off until I sent an email in ALL CAPS!!

But I was very happy with the responses I got for the price.

More than 80% of responses came from this and the rest from a single Saturday paper ad.

I too have wasted money on domain.com.au in the past. It's useless in SA.

Back