How to guess if tenants will keep house clean and tidy by their look

If this a joke??]].

I think the rent and condition of the property will usually appeal to "certain people". If I have a **** whole don't expect top tenants

What happen if property is messy and strong smell at the end of lease. You could not clean the carpet because of dog pee smell. Your kitchen stingy and house quickly degrades. My strong belief is that tidy and clean people keep house better .

you would never allow this to be the condition for the next tenant. Houses need to be cleaned up prior to each new tenancy irrespective of how the tenants chose to live within the terms of that tenancy.

dog pee smells - replace carpet, claim for compensation from tenants.

Management is important, you can't throw your hands in the air and say "oh well the previous tenants damaged it so here it is". It's your job to take action.

What happen if property is messy and strong smell at the end of lease. You could not clean the carpet because of dog pee smell. Your kitchen stingy and house quickly degrades. My strong belief is that tidy and clean people keep house better .

There is a big, big difference between "clean and tidy" and "dirty and smelly".

You can have an untidy house that will clean up once you move out.

I will see a prospective tenants tomorrow before deciding if rent IP out to them. My questions is how to know tenant will stay and keep the IP clean and tidy by looking at them. For example, the ways of their dress, they have a clean car etc.

Can you share your experience?

Thread title is an oxymoron

Lots of helpful suggestions from the posts - first impressions are one of multiple ways to assess cleanliness - PMs can check past rental history, request to see past rental inspection reports; check TICA; undertake reference checks - a question I sometimes ask to a referee is "If you had a rental property would you feel absolutely confident to rent to X?" - ofcourse most referees are individuals who the tenant has selected; discussions with previous PMs to name a few options. At the end of the day, as some helpful SS posters have already said - if the rent is paid and no damage takes place that is critical as tenants are required to clean the premises upon vacating and if not the funds to clean can be taken out of the bond
1+ for possitive help.

You can take a decent guess by what you mentioned. The best way to determine that is if the property isn't clean and see if they mention something about the cleanliness while inspecting.

With tenants that don't have any previous rental history from an agent, you could ask to inspect their current property to see. I've done that on some occasions.

1+ It is a good hint.

Back