How to invest in a new hot technology product

I am a tech enthusiast and a few times in my life I've seen the products or services that came out and have thought 'wow, this is going to change everything'. I thought it with Netscape, the iPhone, Google and Bitcoin.

A few months ago I played with a piece of technology and have had that same feeling. It's the Occulus Rift. It's a mindblowing VR device, the first step before we plugging ourselves into the Matrix. It's no surprise to hear they have just been bought by Facebook.

My question is - how would I go about investing in it?

Is buying Facebook shares the only option? How would I go about researching how to invest in it directly (rather than the rest of Facebook's business)?

Do you really think it is that ground breaking? Devices like that have been around for more than 20 years. It's a spec'd up Virtual Boy.

672506virtualboy.jpg

I am a tech enthusiast and a few times in my life I've seen the products or services that came out and have thought 'wow, this is going to change everything'. I thought it with Netscape, the iPhone, Google and Bitcoin.

A few months ago I played with a piece of technology and have had that same feeling. It's the Occulus Rift. It's a mindblowing VR device, the first step before we plugging ourselves into the Matrix. It's no surprise to hear they have just been bought by Facebook.

My question is - how would I go about investing in it?

Is buying Facebook shares the only option? How would I go about researching how to invest in it directly (rather than the rest of Facebook's business)?

you can either participate in IPO or a multi millionaire and have fund to fund startup or invest in existing company that about to break through with new things or even older business that restructure for the better and start innovating the right products.

Apple isnt a new company they been around since the 70s, just before they went bankrupt
Microsoft give them fund to help them survive and shield Microsoft from anti-competitive law suite, from that they comes up with iPod and the rest is history, if you bought when they release the iPod you make hundred and thousand of times return.

Another example would be our Aussie Breville, they been around for a while and they just languish but about 5 years ago they got new management and embark on
innovation and reinvent some new products and many of them are very good...the result earning explode along with share price ... they now on to conquering the US market and they doing very well...10x times return on your money in 5 years short...and probably more to come but that for the future to decide...

I have invested in some existing companies that on the curve of turning and ride all the way and that enable me to live debt free and have plenty of cash

If you want to invest in Occulus Rift then you would need to invest in Facebook.

Occulus Rift is not a public company so you can't buy shares directly.

A better option would be to find other VR start up companies that are seeking funding and invest in them directly.

However if you don't have much experience/knowledge of the technology or investing in start ups then it would be very risky.

Cheers
Andrew

Back