How to invest with your partner?

'the man has to lead'
Stuff that for a joke. I'd rather be single then have anyone think they can tell me what to do. A real man can accept a woman as an equal and values and respects her intelligence enough to let her decide her own path. If they are both lucky, both their paths will be heading in the same direction.

Wss
(10 chars)

Spludgey, I don't want to appear to be a naysayer, but have you got something in place to protect your assets should they two of you break up? Do you have a pre-nup?

Thanks for your post.
No, I don?t have anything in place to protect my assets should we break up. Nor will I get a pre-nup. I?m under the impression that this would be futile anyway as we?re in a defacto relationship.
Plus, even if I could still do it, I wouldn?t want to. While it could potentially be a good financial decision, it would potentially have a negative impact on our relationship. I don?t want to go into marriage with a plan B.
While I know that statistically we have an almost 50% chance of splitting up, I don?t think that we will (but then does anyone ever?).

No, I don?t have anything in place to protect my assets should we break up. Nor will I get a pre-nup. I?m under the impression that this would be futile anyway as we?re in a defacto relationship.

You're stuffed either way no use trying to pretend you have any sort of protection with a BFA. Best to just make the most cash that you can today and not think about silly things that have no legal basis or force.

Plus, even if I could still do it, I wouldn?t want to. While it could potentially be a good financial decision, it would potentially have a negative impact on our relationship. I don?t want to go into marriage with a plan B.
While I know that statistically we have an almost 50% chance of splitting up, I don?t think that we will (but then does anyone ever?).

I can understand your position. I didn't go into my marriage with a prenup for the same reasons.

Upon a break up/divorce a partner cannot lay claim to any asset to which he/she did not contribute to, whether that be an inheritance, a property or any investment. That's not to say that in the event of a divorce, your partner won't say that she 'contributed'--whether financially or otherwise--to any of your IPs.

I wish you the best of luck.

Back