How to know High Crime Rate or Housing Commission location ?

People,

As a rule of thumb to ensure Capital Gain and attracting prospective tenant, I'm trying to avoid areas with high crime rate and housing commission.

How can we know the housing commission lcoation in a suburb without going to drive around or ask the local people ?

and what about area with high crime rate ?

Thanks.

Hi John,

Best way is to call up the local council of each area you are looking in... some councils may help but some may not... RP data is a good tool...

As for Crime rate.. just research on the old google.

Hi John,

Best way is to call up the local council of each area you are looking in... some councils may help but some may not... RP data is a good tool...

As for Crime rate.. just research on the old google.

lol ok no worries I'll try to email them and see how it goes.

This is good also https://crimemap.info/. It even has street numbers so you dont have to guess them like on the police site which hides them to protect the not so innocent. Warning - you might get a surprise to find out how much is going on around you :eek:

I find Streetview is a good source for burnout locations, lounges on the front verandah, unregisterd cars in the front yard and indicators of all places pleasant to live :D Take into account some photos might be 2 years old. A current sales sign out the front is a good indicator of how recent the photos is.

This is good also https://crimemap.info/. It even has street numbers so you dont have to guess them like on the police site which hides them to protect the not so innocent. Warning - you might get a surprise to find out how much is going on around you :eek:

I find Streetview is a good source for burnout locations, lounges on the front verandah, unregisterd cars in the front yard and indicators of all places pleasant to live :D Take into account some photos might be 2 years old. A current sales sign out the front is a good indicator of how recent the photos is.

Thanks for sharing this useful information mate.

Back