How to make 100k in your spare time.

Thank you Sir.

I'm still here after 10pm on a Saturday night researching designs for shirts.
Probably put in about 70 hours so far in the past 2 weeks in to this project outside of my normal business operations.

This is the most pressure I've been under in a very long time, maybe ever, as I have high expectations and it's going to take longer than anticipated to get off the ground, but that's plays my advantage.
I've seen many try to enter this field and drop out not long after, by tracking their movements online.
This is not just a punt to see how it goes, it's a complete commitment, which is where the difference is.

Most people just don't commit completely to a project when starting, and that's why they give it up so easily.

Bob shovel, you're not wrong about the non-athletic people wearing the fitness gear. See it all the time, it's a fashion or it makes them feel better about themselves, or maybe both.

Bob shovel, you're not wrong about the non-athletic people wearing the fitness gear. See it all the time, it's a fashion or it makes them feel better about themselves, or maybe both.

It is the most comfortable thing to wear which isn?t pjs and it is easy to slip on.

I wear it all the time out, people just assume i?m not a bum, i?m simply daggy looking on the way to work on my 6 pack.

Met my last girlfriend that way :cool:

Hey Ace,

Love what you are trying to do, and hope it goes bananas.

Just one word of caution - the fashion world is extremely fickle, relatively easy to replicate and highly competitive. I have a little bit of experience via a business I helped do feasibility and start-up work on a few years ago.

Having said that, I also knew Lorna Jane briefly when she first started in Brisbane, and look where she has taken it!

Hope everything is progressing well...

Thanks chindonly,

This is really testing me.
Been going hard in planning for the past 2 weeks, but now starting to have doubts again when going over initial purchase quantities.

My plans for initial purchase is T-Shirts, singlets, hoodies, shorts and pants.
Rough figures on just T Shirts may be 5000 pieces.
And I'm thinking, will my designs be appealling and in demand, will they sell?
Maybe I should start smaller, but the lead time considerable.

It all comes down to the confidence in my marketing methods and skills.
Being so consumed with this for the past couple of weeks, I've neglected focusing on my sales game, so lost a bit of confidence in that area. I guess I need to touch up on it again over the next few days to get the drive back and feel super confident again to keep moving forward. It's a bit like this analysis paralysis people here often talk about with property, and not being able to pull the trigger and just go for it.
Just gotta do it.

This is a really interesting thread to follow. Good luck with it Ace. I look forward to watching your new business unfold from an idea to reality.

Still going man.
It's been 30 days since starting and I've put in an average of 3-4 hours work every single day, except 1 day in the past 30 days, but I'm thinking of ideas all the time and am alert about it all the time.

It's been a big challenge and much slower than expected to launch.
Still collecting designs from freelancers and building up a portfolio.
Still researching different garment types and becoming familiar with these.
With no prior experience in this field, it's a steep learning curve.

Going to print some T's locally first to get up and running while still organising overseas suppliers for bulk orders.

Really got to hit the ground running with sales when the bulk stock arrives, so need to get my social media presence and marketing skills/plans worked out by then.

My initial goal of 100k in profits by 12 months is gonna be a stretch at this stage, with no idea of how sales will go once stock comes in.
However, there will be a fair bit of intellectual and physical property which will give the business a value at the end of 12 months.
I can also forecast future sales towards the rear end of the 12 months once the business is fully operational, which will also indicate future projected sales. If I don't hit the 100k by 12 months, it may only be a case of an extra 2-3 months to reach the target.

I'm starting right at the bottom of the exponential curve here, and that's why it seems like nothing is happening right now, but explosion is soon to happen !

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 82
Nothing to show just yet.
At this stage probably another month away.
I was really frustrated at the start, as things were going much slower than I wanted, but have now accepted that these things take time and unless you control all the other services you need to rely upon, there's only so much you can do to speed up the process.

Ace this will be an interesting read :)

Why this method instead of testing first via some drop shipping trial?

Because I made a decision and committed to it.
This experience is an example of commitment to follow through.
If I don't fully commit, I would not be forced to put in my best efforts to make it work.

I think testing and trialing things is just an out, to make excuses when things don't work out.

I'm either going to succeed, otherwise go down being aggressive and moving forwards, rather than retreating from the challenge.

Hi Ace, can I ask - did you identify a niche which you intend to fill or are you essentially muscling in on a crowded market with a view of coming out on top?

I'm guessing the latter and will be watching with interest.

Hi OTF,

I think it's a bit of both.
I have an existing gym equipment supply business, and this will supplement it.
However, they are quite different as I'm now finding out and the existing biz won't really provide much carry over advantage for this venture.

It was really a challenge arising from a combination of events.
Just over a month ago I decided to become alot more serious about being a really good salesperson/marketeer, and have never been involved in the great network of social media, have avoided it until now, and can't put this off much longer otherwise will be left behind.
I also want to prove a point that something significant can be built from nothing but an idea, commitment and hard work, in real time.
This is my chance to get that experience in those fields by necessity really, while being constructive in the process.

There has been alot of frustration over the past few weeks because it's not going as well as planned, but I got this....

Back