How to remove pave set?

Pave set is like a silicone gell coated very fine sand. Instead of using sand to sweep into your paving and then compacting you use pave-set, compact the paving and then hose over it. The water then activates the pave set. It then dry hard and locks the paving together. Pave Lock is a another similar product.

Last edited:
well why didnt you say so . it will either be , like a dry pvc glue or cement , the pvc type glue would be water based, the other try acid 10:1 , this will break down all cements,

well why didnt you say so . it will either be , like a dry pvc glue or cement , the pvc type glue would be water based, the other try acid 10:1 , this will break down all cements,

Thanks Ill give the water a go since water was used to activate it.

try HOT water, heat melts paint, and its water based,

I'd try that and then scrub with a brush.

Being a product for outdoors I doubt if cool water itself would do much.

If all else fails ring the company that manufactures it and ask what breaks it down.

So did water or acid work to remove pave set?

I have found myself in a similar situation wher I didnt sweep all teh pave set and there are bits of hardened pave set stuck on top of pavers. I was wondering if either hot water or acid (as suggested previously) worked for the Rixter If not did you find any other solution that worked for you?

Cheers

Back