How to secure a sale

Hi all,

I have multiple offers for my property. My solicitor told me to choose one so he will send a Contract for Sale to that buyer. If I choose one and the deal falls through I would lose the sale. I worry that the other buyers won't wait. What should I do ?

Your advice will be most appreciated.

Regards

Huey

I would find out what conditions they want, some may be experienced enough to be able to offer unconditional contracts
They would have their finance pre approved or have a large LOC

Your aim is to get a unconditional contract - so u want a contract with as few outs as possible - the longest one is normally for finance approval at 14 days

Take the highest offer but get the contact details of the other offers in case the highest offer falls over. Its a simple process.

If you live in QLD get contracts from all of them !!

When I ask local agents about sub-250k advertised properties here, I normally get told that they already have 3 to 6 contracts placed already.

Not certain how that works, but I think its that if the first one falls through, the next in line gets the chance.

OR:

Get all the buyers details and have a private auction !! ")

Many thanks for your advices, I will try to get the least conditional contract. One buyer has his finance approved pending valuation. How long does it take to have this done? I assume the bank will send someone over to have a look at the property.

Regards.

Huey

It has turned out messier than I ever dream of! It's a long story so I cut it short :

I had multiple offers but accepted 1 at a time with $1000 deposit and ask the others to wait. When one couldn't proceed I contacted the others & accepted the next.

2 days after I accepted the 3rd offer the buyer told me his loan was rejected & he had to find another broker. I didn't hear from him for few days. I fell ill so when an RE agent contacted me I signed him up as a sole agent. The next day 2 of the buyers who went to see the property before rang & wanted to buy. I rang the agent. He was nice & considerate enough to allow me to go ahead with 1 of those people without charging commision. I accepted another offer. He has his finance ready.

The 3nd buyer rang back 2 days after to let me know that his broker said his loan was ok and wanted me to advertise for rent ... I told him this was a bad month if we wanted to get someone we had to ask for a lower rent ... but he insisted he couldn't afford that ... . I didn't know what to do & was so tired so I decided to go ahead with the last one and allow him 3 days to sort things out. When I rang to explain & apologise to the 3rd buyer he was very angry & yelled at me with bad names. He said he will sue me for a large sum of money!!

I know that I upset people because I didn't handle it well. I know it costs them money & they are entitle to get upset but I don't know what else I should do to minimise these. I feel horible.

By law, am I guilty?

A lesson : Ask a RE agent to sell for me next time.

Regards

Huey

Back