How to structure a trust

My wife and I own several properties in Qld and have reasonable knowledge of basic residential investment. We have taken some time off work so am currently limited in accessing more funds. We have found two potential investments that we would love to be involved in. One is basically cash flow positive from rental income. The other will require further expenditure but has great potential for value addition as well as capital growth.

My parents and brother are both interested in investing. My brother is working but has no investing experience. Parents are working, own their home and some other assets (have equity) but have never done any investing.

I was after advice on whether/which trust structure would be best to investigate to take advantage of the opportunities.

Extra info for tax purposes - I am a high wage earner (when working), my parents and brother are low - medium.

Sorry for the long question, thanks in advance.

Hi

Welcome to the forum

Trusts can be very useful. I am a huge advocate of them in a lot of circumstances.

However, there is a lot more info required before you could make a decision in your case.

Back