How uselessly pathetic was that budget?

As far as I am aware public schools are locked in to use the one builder. Even if they can get it done for half the price privately.

This is my gripe. Schools could have had so much more work done for the amount they were given to spend. There would be no need for any bureaucratic crawl if they could get quotes from local builders. More work, more jobs, better all round I would think.
!
That would have been the problem from the start,a lot of the Australian public just don't understand the way that system works,you have to know someone
within the system all business works that way to get your quote passed the front desk..

The govt copped it from day 1 from the Libs for the stimulus. Yes, they were advocating tax cuts.

That would have landed us in recession and who knows where we would be now.

The coalition supported the nov08 stimulus package fully. The opposed the feb09 package (in part due to the rushed legislation, even the greens wanted longer to consider the legislation)but still supported further stimulus and proposed 15bn rather than the 42bn proposed by the Alp. In addition they proposed the bringing forward of planned tax cuts.

Back