How Water Heaters..

Hi all,
currently renovating an inner city sydney terrace and time has come to source a hot water heater, an application for a gas connecting should come to fruition shortly, just wondering what is best place to buy an instantaneous gas hot water heater from?

One bathroom and a powder room, thinking the rheem 16 should do it, but will my plumber get a better price if he buys it on account? Or should i source it my self?

appliances online have the rheem 16 on sale for $818..

Sound like a fair price?

Thanks in advance!:D:D

Hi all,
currently renovating an inner city sydney terrace and time has come to source a hot water heater, an application for a gas connecting should come to fruition shortly, just wondering what is best place to buy an instantaneous gas hot water heater from?

One bathroom and a powder room, thinking the rheem 16 should do it, but will my plumber get a better price if he buys it on account? Or should i source it my self?

appliances online have the rheem 16 on sale for $818..

Sound like a fair price?

Thanks in advance!:D:D

http://www.productreview.com.au/p/rheem-continuous-flow.html

Instant Gs Units are great but from what i read some eco-ones are too smart now.

I have a VULCAN which is builder brand rheem. Works great since 2009 and in a cold climate outside.

Some points: don't get the eco-flow rubbish as these units must have good flow to work well. A trickle does not kick in the flamer. Also if you lose power you cannot light it so the water is cold. Minor issue in city.

Still love it.

On prices hunt around. If your plumber gets it the warranty is with him and if he says Bugger Off you are stuffed. If you buy it form say harvey norman, warranty is with them. Less chance to walk.

Also get a 21 , the extra price is worth it and can often be same price if bargained.

Peter

Check out Plumbers Supplies Coop, Tradelink, Cass Bros or other builder's supplies outfits.

There are some instantaneous units which have a 9v battery instead of the piezo if you are concerned about blackouts - I installed one of each in a house to ensure that there would be hot water at all times.

You will also need to consider the distance between the water outlets ie kitchen, bathroom and powder room. Kitchen/bath being more important.

Back