How young is too young? Young investors?

One of the goals I have for all four of my children is that by the time they leave high-school they will have the skills to start their own businesses if that's what they want to do and they will want to ;)

Whenever my kids complained that I was harsh, and they did that a bit when they were teenagers, I would reply that my job as their mother was to make sure that they could fend for themselves by the time they were legally adults (age 18).

They had part time jobs, learnt life skills, saved money, learnt to drive, bought their own cars from money they had saved themselves, and by the time they reached 18, I was happy that if something were to happen to either myself or hubby, they could stand on their own two feet and not need any help in order to be contributing members of society and not a drain on the welfare system.

At age 18, Lil moved interstate by herself, found somewhere to live & got a job, and now has her own Business.

Why not buy a IP in your name with the attitude that it's your daughters. I did this for my son, and then you can change ownership when she turns 18. Yes there will be stamp duty to pay but this will be much lower that the increase in value over the next 10 years.
This way you will still be in control and if her interest level and excitement changes when holding costs and bills need to be paid every 3 months you will still have options. This worked for our situation and property has increased over $100k which is much more than my son could have saved as a deposit.

I don't have kids but if I did I'd love then to be like this little girl! 8 years old and persistent for 3 years to buy a property!

Back