I almost got scammed

You're one of those guys who points out that "it isn't an ATM machine, it's just an AT machine, or it would be an automatic teller machine machine" aren't you?

MAYBE....

Nah, I'm Ukrainian and as a Ukrainian it really annoys me! So I make sure to point it out when it happens so people don't make the same mistake again.

You're one of those guys who points out that "it isn't an ATM machine, it's just an AT machine, or it would be an automatic teller machine machine" aren't you?

You know how I know? Because that's what I do :cool:

Anyway if you guys want to talk about scams, I could tell you about the time a vacuum cleaner salesman was trying to talk my mother into putting down a block of 6 units as collateral to buy the vacuum cleaner. The guy was lucky that it I was quite young, and it was only a ground level house, or he would have been introduced to the Ocean Architect Express Elevator otherwise known as being thrown off the balcony

Thats an anti-acronym

When I was selling my Audi I had 6 inquiries from a Marine Biologist who was on a boat.

And 4 from someone on an offshore oil rig.

Funnily enough they all wanted to buy the car for their father, who was a Vicar.

Why a Vicar was wanting a heavily modified turbo set up for track days I'm not so sure.

George Costanza wasn't really a marine biologist

I had a similar experience selling a laptop on gum tree, like you i spotted it was a fake paypal email and strung the guy along for 2 months. He was in Sydney, I kept asking dum questions and saying i had sent it then said i changed my mind and it cost more now as i got a better offer he offered to pay more I then said I was visiting sydney and could drop it off etc etc etc. I would have sent 30 email i reckon over the two months. I finished it with a big line of abuse and advising I had contacted police in Sydney.

A friend's father is selling a car on gumtree right now and got a scam email with the scammer saying they would pay an extra $700 for it if he could pay via pay pal. Luckily friend's father wasn't born yesterday and ignored the email. I think offering to pay extra was a bit of a giveaway.

Back