I am doing a Zoe Foster Blake Dear Password

Dear Pass Word,

I hate you. I can never remember you as there are so many of you. Every time I have to enter you I have to find the safe place and bit of paper I wrote you on and then when I take a guess and it is wrong I get asked security questions like...

Whats the name of the first street you lived in....I try and remember "did I give you the first street I lived in when I was growing up or did I give you the first street I lived in when I bought my first house or, hang on, was it the street where I lived while our first house was being built"; or

What was the name of your favourite teacher..."Well I had a few and I cannot remember which teacher happened to be my number one favourite when you asked me".

I tried to log on to this forum last month and got my password wrong. Of course that was after I cleaned out my desk and after that I could not find you.

Therefore password, you .... me off and those dots read annoy. Annoy me off and anyone that wants to read the dots as something else .. not my fault but be my guest.

However all is good again and am back on forum....I hope you all missed me, oh and I have put my new password in a safe place again.

Fleur

In my companies intranet we have 5 key programmes that use 5 different passwords that all have to change every 8 weeks and must have a symbol uppercase, number, 12 digits long, cannot be repeated bla bla bla and then. I have all of mine to remember as well dear god what I would do for a one password to rule them all

In my companies intranet we have 5 key programmes that use 5 different passwords that all have to change every 8 weeks and must have a symbol uppercase, number, 12 digits long, cannot be repeated bla bla bla and then. I have all of mine to remember as well dear god what I would do for a one password to rule them all

God I love those NOT. I worked out the easiest way was to look at the keyboard.
So
!Qazxsw23edc
@Wsxcde34rfv
#Edcvfr45tgb

Studies have found that the places that change passwords "too often to be remembered" are the ones with the most problems because staff need to write them down which defeats the purpose of passwords.

The other side to the problem is if they are not written down, they forget them and that creates a whole new drama.

A good strong one which remains in use unless doubts are raised was found to be the safest.

I suppose we will have iris or fingerprint readers as normal security features in the not too distant future

What I have found to be the easiest way was to download a password manager. I use KeePass. With Keepass, you only need to create one strong password. To secure it even better, you can add create a key file (certificate), so that you need a combination of the certificate and password to open your password locker.

To keep it synchronised, I store the database in the cloud.

The risk I guess is if someone manages to crack my 'strong' password and find the certificate to open the database.

thank god, im not important enough or have enough to lose to worry about complicated passwords,

and yes I frigging cants stand the sites that ask you for new pasword, so you you use your favourite one, to be only told,

its too short
it needs a number
it need upper and lower case
it needs a symbol

peeves me off as Ill make an exception and add or change one letter and I wont remember it in 20 mins time

What I hate is that nearly every website requires some form of password ... this one can't use any numbers - this other one can't use any letters - this next one needs to be a combination of letters and numbers no longer than 6 digits - and then this one needs to be a combination of letters and numbers longer than 6 digits - and then this one has to be minimum of 8 digits with no repetitive digits - and then we have this other one ....

Bloody heck ... !

Military cryptography determines that every requirement to include a specific character set, '1 special char' 'uppercase' 'number' reduces the complexity and security of the codebase by an order of magnitude
the more restrictions placed on the password, the less secure it is
military passwords or stored in a keypass enabled device, individually secured by a strong password that remains unchanged until there is any hint of compromise.
it works,
nobody has accidentally ordered a nuclear strike in days

crypto:
llkja ffrre juuie fgret wlijk kyyvh ghkie jalie idkle polce qpoie

Back