I Hate Getting Old!

Gidday Knuckleheads, Uncle Knackers here.

When l'm not on the tools over the Christmas break l love hanging out with the kids doing boy's things. Unfortunately l'm getting older and just can't do what l used to be able to. It frustrates the ?/##** out of me! Here's an example of what l'm talking about. Read the intro and then watch the movie (the link is below).

Way to old..tick, 10kg over weight...tick, No helmet...tick, No protective armour...tick, Half a dozen stubbies under the belt...tick, Thongs on....tick, let's go racing!

Here's a classic example of when an old bloke (Me) tries to relive his youth and glory days and in the process gets his ambitions mixed up with his capabilities. Perhaps the few extra kilos may have contributed to the outcome. What are your thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Un3p1FN0CjU

Cheers,
Uncle Knackers. :)

Never to old to be a goose! :D

I admit tho - my body is getting lazier as I get older, and I don't like it. Frustrates me.

Old is always ten years older than you are. Don't despair I have 2 elderley friends, the 83 yo says he doesn't mind being around old people (i.e. he's not old) if they don't smell. The other old lady 92 has just gone into assisted living and says she has just joined the bingo for a laugh as all the deaf ones keep shouting "what did he (the caller) say" and there's nearly fisticuffs as the other ones get frustrated. See what joys there are to come!

While I don't know much about bike racing, it looks to me that the young fella landed his jump completely upright, while you were leaning slightly to the left. If that is the case, then age, weight etc aren't the main problem, but of course will add to the complications when you hit the ground.;)

Skater, l can see where you are coming from however l tend to refer to Albert Einstein's theory regarding gravitational phenomena which basically says whatever goes up must come down. Unfortunately some things come down harder than others.:)

That cracked me up, thanks for that. Not so much your stack but all your mates p*#sn themselves at your expense:) Very funny. What r mates for ey!!

Cheers Knuckles
Sling

I hate getting older too, more effort is required to get the body to a level where it can perform alright.

Never had to warm up / warm down, could just get stuck in and do stuff. Now joints lock up and body fails if I don't warm up / warm down, 2 hours of fun can mean a week of recovery if I don't warm up / warm down.

Might be the grog + age + extra weight that was the issue on the day for you, remove 1 or 2 of them and try again.:D

Cheers
Graeme

Well they say that bicycle riding is a suitable exercise for old people, along with walking and swimming.

I do think they mean on a flat level surface though :D

You look like you were having loads of fun, I love the entourage that ran over to help...also watched other you tubes, great education (and entertainingly done), eg the verandah. Good stuff.

That cracked me up, thanks for that. Not so much your stack but all your mates p*#sn themselves at your expense:) Very funny. What r mates for ey!!

Cheers Knuckles
Sling

Hey Sling Shot, those so called mates laughing their heads off were a couple of my mungrel brothers. Notice how concerned they were as l lay close to death sprawled on the ground. They were more concerned in getting a 'close up' rather than the well being of their little brother. I must admit though, it was funny.:)

Hey Sling Shot, those so called mates laughing their heads off were a couple of my mungrel brothers. Notice how concerned they were as l lay close to death sprawled on the ground. They were more concerned in getting a 'close up' rather than the well being of their little brother. I must admit though, it was funny.:)

Were you hurt ?

your brother's laughter cracked me up, you falling was just like looking at something that would happen to me..

Back