I have tension headache ...

We're exchanging on our PPOR today . I signed last night , buyers at 8.30 this am and my wife is coming back from North arm cove to sign this afternoon.

Just as I arrive at work this morning ,at 10 am , by daughter SMS'd me .

Are you able to double check my straightener has been turned off , it's on the floor of my room

She normally the most sensible member of the family .

I've subsequentally learnt they turn off after awhile and are unlikely to set any think on fire , but I had visions on their bank valuer turning up to see smoke driving out of the windows . The agent is only a couple of minutes away and was happy to drive over and check everything was ok .

Cliff

Last edited:
Aaaargh that would send my heart into palpitations!

Thankfully all ok. I think that last 24hrs is so nerve wracking. I recall selling my car but the buyers didn't want it for a week and as I didn't have my new car they said I could keep driving it. I couldn't bear to even take it out of the garage for fear I would wreck 'their' car

I've subsequentally learnt they turn off after awhile and are unlikely to set any think on fire , but I had visions on their bank valuer turning up to see smoke driving out of the windows.

Cliff
Maybe you better go see a Doctor,this time tomorrow it will be all over,good luck..

remonds me a story of friends of mine that left spuds cooking on the stove

came home a day later to a black kitchen, and they could never get rid of the smell

ta
rolf

remonds me a story of friends of mine that left spuds cooking on the stove

came home a day later to a black kitchen, and they could never get rid of the smell

ta
rolf

I had dinner in the oven years ago, and while I was out picking the kids from an excursion the thermostat failed.

The oven kept heating endlessly. Came home to a house filled with smoke - the oven was so hot the seal around the oven door was ash ... wow ... glad I wasn't half an hour longer.

The thing that stressed me most was that the cat and dog were both locked inside at the time.

I now have a new house with a pet door.

Hey Cliff

Although you are a GP you probably don't realise the best cure for a tension headache is to run a straightener through your hair.

Back