I just "made" $500 in 10 min -ask me how:)

I got a quote from Youi but their excess was $750 and AAMI's excess was less than half. Better the devil you know! I decided to stay with AAMI.
I like to compare apples with apples. It's not just the price of the policy.

You get what you pay for at the end of the day. As long as your comparing like with like and your getting a good level of cover then thats good.

Annoying that they try to jack up your prices by 10% especially if nothing has actually happened.

I've moved all our insurance (cars, IPs and PPOR) to Youi after Suncorp jacked up our premiums so much I shopped around. I tried Coles and it was higher. I couldn't find cheaper.

My sister-in-law had two claims after storms and Youi was easy to deal with. I've found them very easy to deal with, and the calls take no longer than any other insurer.

We had damage to an IP in the recent storms, and so I've had dealings with them and happy so far. Looks like we will get a brand new roof, windows repaired. I'm guessing premiums may rise next year, but I'll see how things go.

So far, I cannot fault Youi.

Excess?

I got a quote from Youi but their excess was $750 and AAMI's excess was less than half. Better the devil you know! I decided to stay with AAMI.
I like to compare apples with apples. It's not just the price of the policy.

Hiya

If you are talking about home and contents insurance, how many times would one claim i? i bet not often right?

I mean if a fire burns my house down, i would gladly pay 750 excess!

The more expensive excess would be "saved" by the annual cheaper premiums, many times over....

Interesting, I recently moved 7 or 8 policies to youi from Allianz and saved about 6k, the big difference was in our ppor which is in a cyclone region. Allianz wouldn't cover one of our properties in Orange for some reason so kept that one with Allianz

I have found Youi always match the previous years price when they try to jack up prices. Just takes one simple call. Bit like the banks when requesting a discharge form.

I will be ready for this next year if they try, why don't companies including banks value repeat business and seem more concerned with gaining new customers.
My variable rates with NAB and Wpac will be my next battle as it appears they are way too high

Back