I just "made" $500 in 10 min -ask me how:)

Hiya

So, i have just received my Youi car insurance premium...it had gone up 10% this year.....

Thot about it; decided to call them and query...BEFORE i started talking, they OFFERED to REDUCE the ORIGINAL premium by 10%:eek: that's right, the premium is even cheaper than last year!!!!

First 100 dollars saved....

Hmmm...this is good...btw do you do Home and Contents insurance...we sure do Madam..and you get 20% discount because you insured your car with us....

Let me run through a quote with you:

ends up $400 cheaper than ALLianz.....same insured amount, same excess, same inclusions:eek:

Question: Do you have good/bad experience with Youi ? esp. when it comes to claims...very tempted to switch ALL my home and contents insurances:p
should save me a motza

Same experience here with Youi, my building and landlord insurance premium went up by 15%, called them, and they knocked it back down to original price.

I recently called Youi for a landlord/home building quote recently and she said $772. I said my current insurer is cheaper so she says, "well I just spoke to my supervisor and we can reduce it to $698". She couldn't match the $579 I'm paying with APIA so I declined her offer.

We were with them around 4 years ago. They were good to deal with. Very prompt with emails etc when we had a car accident. However it takes around 4 weeks start to finish to get the car repaired. It took a while......but they were good to deal with. There were no questions asked about the repairer we chose - all paid in full

Downside, they are mostly online...

Also, they jacked it up SIGNIFICANTLY. I did try negotiate but they didn't agree. Took the business to NRMA which were much cheaper (but not necessarily more efficient when it came to car repair at their "express" smash repairers). Now we get car, home/contents, road side and I believe something else with them. We'd be getting around 12.5% off this year given how long we've been with them.

We were with them around 4 years ago. They were good to deal with. Very prompt with emails etc when we had a car accident. However it takes around 4 weeks start to finish to get the car repaired. It took a while......but they were good to deal with. There were no questions asked about the repairer we chose - all paid in full

Also, they jacked it up SIGNIFICANTLY. I did try negotiate but they didn't agree. Took the business to NRMA which were much cheaper (but not necessarily more efficient when it came to car repair at their "express" smash repairers). Now we get car, home/contents, road side and I believe something else with them. We'd be getting around 12.5% off this year given how long we've been with them.

How many car accidents have you had??

drivers-ed-car-with-two-steering-wheels-i0.jpg

I've tried Youi for car insurance a couple of times and they have always come out more expensive than Allianz. As shocked as the Youi salesperson was to hear this each time, they wouldn't even price match. Therefore Youi is now no-goi for me.

I recently bought a new car, due to issues with my last insurance company, I decided to shop around.

YOUI was on the list...

I couldn't do the online quote, because they "needed more information", okay.. The guy that called me was lovely, but he rambled on for half an hour before he'd give me a price, then spent another 30mins telling me how good they were and "talking to his supervisor" on the cost, despite me saying thanks but no thanks.

They came in almost $500 more than my current insurance company and didn't have anything extra to give me on the policy.

Youi

Hiya

Thanks for all the replies...keep them coming:)

I have a feeling my quotes are low as i am a "vanilla" customer...no claims, no accidents for the last 10 years:eek: and i think Youi rewards that....

I never know who our insurances are with if asked randomly :cool: we use a broker and it often changes year by year.

I do have all the policies in a folder labelled "insurance" so it it not a drama if we were ever to make a claim.

Quite a few times over the years I have tested the brokers choice, by ringing around and I have never been able to beat what they are offering. This year they have the company utes with Allianz. The business/public liability with CGU and the house with Vero.

I recently bought a new car, due to issues with my last insurance company, I decided to shop around.

YOUI was on the list...

I couldn't do the online quote, because they "needed more information", okay.. The guy that called me was lovely, but he rambled on for half an hour before he'd give me a price, then spent another 30mins telling me how good they were and "talking to his supervisor" on the cost, despite me saying thanks but no thanks.

They came in almost $500 more than my current insurance company and didn't have anything extra to give me on the policy.

You are patient. I would have moved onto the next company as soon as I found I could not do the quote online.

I had to call Yuoi to pay my contents insurance.

The guy commented I had tried to get a quote for car insurance - it didn't go further cos my model wasn't listed. This time however he used my registration to find the car.

I had gone to Bingle cos they were the cheapest and really didn't think Youi would come any where close. His first figure was $100 more than my current premium, then he spoke to his "manager" and dropped the preimium by $100 and because I have other IP Building policies I ended up with $115 off my contents premium and then an addition $230 off the IP building policies so $445 saving.

So although the call took one hour it was worth it.

Back