I just overlaid my Marrickville purchases onto a suburb growth chart.

A fun exercise.

The data is to April 2014.

marrickville_purchases.png

I got this data in MyWealth's suburb data area. So you can try this yourself on your purchases in a particular suburb, if you want.

I'm pretty sure the site is free to use.

I'm a numbers and data nerd so I enjoyed this.

So are those black dots when you bought?

Out of curiousity, how active are you on the Executive Committee?

So are those black dots when you bought?

Out of curiousity, how active are you on the Executive Committee?

Yes. And not active enough, but that's changing.

Richard
So what they have in common is they are trendy areas in high demand??

I don't know much about Newport. Newtown, certainly.

Here are the purchases of the workmates just for reference. Good timing.

newtown.png

and

newport.png

dont know how accurate it is, just put in my house going back all the way to 2005 it consistently outperforming the market no single year it underperform

the value they put on it I think optimistic something like 60-80K more than I think I can sell them for ...hmm...

then again I am fairly conservative I always take the lowest point and aim for lower.

dont know how accurate it is, just put in my house going back all the way to 2005 it consistently outperforming the market no single year it underperform

the value they put on it I think optimistic something like 60-80K more than I think I can sell them for ...hmm...

then again I am fairly conservative I always take the lowest point and aim for lower.

The value guesses on MyWealth aren't perfect. The suburb data seems on the money though.

Not just CBA loan related, but if you link properties to a loan with CBA it'll give you an RPdata-driven estimated price. Not superbly accurate but interesting.

Have a look on the site for more info: mywealth.com.au - there's stuff on share prices, suburb data and other bits and bobs.

Back