I just thought of a way to save 5 million litres of water every day in Australia!

My lime tree never fruited until I got my boyfriend and all male friends to pee on it!

cheers

V

It will never get white ants now either ;)

Though,it does remind me of a story about some paw-paws growing above a septic tank, they grew like CRAZY, but when opened !!! phew :(

i don't mean to have a go at the OP but i tried this method this morning as i purchased a few small pot plants on the weekend, thought ok i will give this a try. It mostly worked a bit missed here and there but i don't think my neighbors where to happy and i might be up for exposure charges and damage to property ....

then again maybe i should have used common sense and not tried this since i live in an apartment 29 stories up :p

But on a serious note the lemon tree at my parents place didn't fruit until we helped it along, but it had to stop when next door built a second story.

This is how I house trained my puppies. Once during the night and first thing in the morning while getting the paper I'd take it downstairs with me.

They got the idea pretty quick. :D

There was a show on last year "Wife swap". One upper class lady swapped with another lady. She was horrified that they didn't flush the toilet.

Their saying was "If it's yellow, let it mellow". I can't remember the saying for the other bits. The look on her face was priceless.

We used to go waterskiing and the boys used the trees. When my son started shcool I was worried he would go on the trees in the playground.

My brother connected his washing machine hose to a big container outside. They used that to water the garden.

5 million litres per day?

You're an engineer HE used to checking facts and doing calcs.....but you missed the initial input.

I thought the Ozzie pop. was about 22m. Therefore 11m males.

Once a day * 11m * 4.5L = 50 ML, not 5 ML.

Of course, males don't take a whizz only once a day, try at least 3, and not all have dual flush toilets...

You could bump it up to 3 * 11m * ~ 7L on average = 231 ML / day.

Then we need to include the girls, lets not be sexist here. Fairs only fair. That's now up to 462 ML / day.....or 168 GL / yr.

168 / 18,800 = 0.9%

I agree HA888, that's a hell of an idea.

Their saying was "If it's yellow, let it mellow". I can't remember the saying for the other bits. The look on her face was priceless.

If it's yellow, let it mellow
If it's brown, flush it down!

Ewwww.
I send the boys out the back to pee on the lemon tree...good for it apparently!

[QUOTE
And what is your solution for Canberra in winter when it's too cold?[/QUOTE]

Try pepper and tweezers....apparently it works! grab it when it sneezes! :) then do the deed....

for years its was the done thing, ladies to the thunderbox, gents to the lemon trees
washing machine exit to the vege patch

the a-holes that are now rabid greens,
then were rabid development-ites, (but are always a-holes)

fined everybody for keeping the rainwater tank when town water finally got connected
now they fine everybody for not having a rainwater tank

are the same ones
burning wood in open fires,
dont allow CFAs to cut firebreaks
greens: politicians: add your favorite group: 7.62*51 still cost 11c each in bulk​

You're an engineer HE used to checking facts and doing calcs.....but you missed the initial input.

I thought the Ozzie pop. was about 22m. Therefore 11m males.

Once a day * 11m * 4.5L = 50 ML, not 5 ML.

Of course, males don't take a whizz only once a day, try at least 3, and not all have dual flush toilets...

You could bump it up to 3 * 11m * ~ 7L on average = 231 ML / day.

Then we need to include the girls, lets not be sexist here. Fairs only fair. That's now up to 462 ML / day.....or 168 GL / yr.

168 / 18,800 = 0.9%

I agree HA888, that's a hell of an idea.

PLUS...let's not forget that the toilet flush is TREATED POTABLE WATER, not water that is used on farms for irrigation and the like...I'm tellin ya...it's a goer. Let's start a "natural urination movement." :D

Resurrecting again. I'm in a new house now and I have found THE PERFECT place. It's between my garage and the back fence, there is a partially paved area about 1 metre across. PLUS, I have found a new use for this practice!

As I pee, if I aim right, I can remove some of the built up dirt on the pavers. Instead of using water to wash off this dirt, I am slowly doing it with pee! Talk about value adding! :D

And what is your solution for Canberra in winter when it's too cold?

Pee in your hotwaterbottle - solves two problems at once

Keep a bucket in the laundry and keep topping it up - after about 3 days it's great for bleaching whites (according to the ancient romans)

Pee in your hotwaterbottle - solves two problems at once

Keep a bucket in the laundry and keep topping it up - after about 3 days it's great for bleaching whites (according to the ancient romans)

FYI-
Roman urine was also used for mouthwash.....useless facts I know.

Resurrecting again. I'm in a new house now and I have found THE PERFECT place. It's between my garage and the back fence, there is a partially paved area about 1 metre across. PLUS, I have found a new use for this practice!

As I pee, if I aim right, I can remove some of the built up dirt on the pavers. Instead of using water to wash off this dirt, I am slowly doing it with pee! Talk about value adding! :D

Added bonus is that the garage and the back fence eliminate blustery winds which blow pee onto you :)

Back