I like the other Forum better

Xenia IM;1306638... said:
people's opinions only have entertainment value.

I did sell an investment property once and used some of the proceeds to buy basketball cards and some comic books.

I did sell an investment property once and used some of the proceeds to buy basketball cards and some comic books.

yes!

What sort of cards? Upper deck? Skybox? Fleer?

I think I might buy a box for nostalgic reasons.

Cheers

Jamie

Something else which makes this forum a good place is the lack of advertising.

The forum owners could have made a lot of money by opening it to advertising. But they continually dip into their own pockets to keep things running- from memory, a gift back to the property investing community because they have personally benefitted so much from property investing themselves.

Star of David i would love to have you over for dinner! Your posts have me in constant fits of laughter and you are better value than television. I think you should consider stand up comedy.

As a newbie I checked out and ended up registering with three or four different sites. I found some reasonably good info on them but found that SS is by far and away the best site. I learn something about property investing every time I log in here and I thank all of the members for their informative, interesting and sometimes humorous posts.

I occasionally visit the other forum ( did two days ago ) to do research on an area I didn't know , but I don't follow it on a regular basis . For me it's another site for research .

The other site does have some good contributors .

Cliff

Would consider another forum, I'm trying to research outer melbourne yet everyone here is staying rather quiet on where to buy!

The problem with "that" forum is there's no discussion, it's more or less spammed pages of bear articles talking about bubbles and whatnot. Haven't been able to find a single thing on Melbourne there either. Whirlpool is less reserved but too many negative dreamers, it's not really a property forum.

A year ago people were happily discussing Richmond, Elwood, Ringwood, Croydon, Chadstone, Balwyn etc, now all you see is Thomastown, Epping, Broadmeadows, Deer Park and Sunshine.. investment in the outer east/se must be non-existent!

I agree with this. I often wonder why Melbourne isn't get much hype on SS while every second post seems to be about Sydney or Brisbane. The Melbourne property market has been unbelievable strong over the past 12-24 months but doesn't seem to get much attention on here.

Edit: this is in no way a criticism of SS, just a general observation.

I agree with this. I often wonder why Melbourne isn't get much hype on SS while every second post seems to be about Sydney or Brisbane. The Melbourne property market has been unbelievable strong over the past 12-24 months but doesn't seem to get much attention on here.

Maybe that is the exact reason why it doesn't have much attention. Lots of people on SS try to get in before a market is very strong. Would find a lot of Sydney is talking about will the boom last, whereas Brisbane is talk about taking off ;)

Maybe that is the exact reason why it doesn't have much attention. Lots of people on SS try to get in before a market is very strong. Would find a lot of Sydney is talking about will the boom last, whereas Brisbane is talk about taking off ;)

shhh don't tell them our secret forum area! There is a hidden link to find this special area but only for the elite investors

Most folks on this forum are not from Victoria.

Back