I made $3000 today..ask me how

Okay not made, but interest saved.

All thanks to Marty McDonald (Mortgage Experts), one of the good brokers on this forum.

He has arranged an additional discount on some of my existing loans, resulting in a $3000 saving on my yearly interest.

No return for him but I thought is definitely worth a plug!!

Don't forget "A Dollar Saved Is Two Dollars Earned!"...well it's more than a dollar earned anyway, as you have to pay tax or earnings ;)

"Which bank" are absolutely giving away free money at the moment, you don't even have to speak to a person just plug in a few numbers and out she spits the new discounts.

"Which bank" are absolutely giving away free money at the moment, you don't even have to speak to a person just plug in a few numbers and out she spits the new discounts.

It's crazy, literally click of fingers and discount. And discounts aren't small either. I've done 155 pricing requests in bit under 3 months.

I had almost given up getting further discounts after the last couple of times the customer retention team couldn't do anything (said I was already on a better rate that they could do).

Mentioned it to my broker (Jon Mardell) and got rate reduced within 24hrs and he is confident of getting it further reduced with the next loan application. :)

Brady et.al.
What sort of discounts are we talking?
I'm on .90 at Cba - can I get any more off this?

Cheers.

Blacky

Probably, but depends on total lending and the LVR.

I was chasing up some discounts for a client last week with the CBA, I decided plug my own deals in and got an additional discount for myself. :)

Brady et.al.
What sort of discounts are we talking?
I'm on .90 at Cba - can I get any more off this?

Cheers.

Blacky

I started off at 0.8% or 0.9% discount and now on 1.25% discount at StG, so now at 4.74%. This was incremental over time, getting 0.1% each time until this time which I got 0.05% (getting harder I think as the discount gets bigger).

Wanting to get 4.64%, hopefully will happen with the next loan application.

I spent money refinancing from westpac 4.96 to Macquarie 4.84 and now banks are just giving that away. i feel stupid. what rate should i ask Macquarie to match?

Back