I need some advice

Hard to get my head around this but here goes

I have a residential property in Blackwater Qld that was leased to a Company called Company A.

Company A changed to "Company A trading as Company B"

"Company A trading as Company B" got behind with their rent.

The 12 month lease came to an end and the lease was renewed with an increase in rent from $700 to $950/wk.
Still behind on the rent.

7 Days into the lease a new lease was signed by Company C.
Company C appeared to get into arrears as they were paying the old rate on time but getting progressively behind this was addressed and Company C is now up to date even increasing the funds held in the bond.
Initially we were told Company C was not related to A or B.
We have now found out that Company C is a company that trades under/associated to Company B.

Company B and C appear to be unhelpful in the settling of the matter as each says its the others problem

I have had a conversation with the RTA Qld to establish which company may be responsible and it was bought to my attention that a lease made on the Form 18a General Tenancy Agreement to a company may not comply under Section 38 Head Leases and in fact a different lease should be used.
They have advised that any matter taken to QCAT may be thrown out if the Company on the Lease takes this path.
They have also said that QCAT could take the Common Law approach if the company does not realize this avenue open to them.
It appears that we only have email addresses for company B that either now dont work or they do not reply to.
Company B is a well known Multi National.

My questions are

1. Do I take "Company A trading as Company B" who is technically on the outstanding lease to QCAT with a breach notice?

2. How do I establish which company owns what company or took over etc?
As I feel by common sense that if company buys company their take on their debts as well

Further Infomation:
I have changed rental manager and expect no help from the rental manager that got me into this mess.

The new rental manager has been helpful and has got the current tenant up to date.
However the problems were created prior to their management.
There was no information provided by the old manager to the and for a period of time we did not know that a new lease was even in place and they had to knock on the door and ask who they were and who did they work for.
This is the only way that we found out that another lease existed.

A company cannot trade as another company. What you may mean is company A trading as XYZ. A trading name. This is just a name and the legal entity is company A still.

Who entered the lease with Company C? And how did this occur if there was already a lease with company A?

You can sue whoever you had the lease with.

Company A was taken over by Company B

and it appears that Company B is also the parent or trading partner of Company C

My best way to describe is a bit like your Local Holden dealer may under take repairs either under warranty or just general servicing under Holden Name but they are not Holden

Companys are separate legal persons. Did you have a contract with company B or C?

Did the lease get assigned at any stage?

For the time on the lease's that we say are unpaid
The name on the lease is literally Company A trading as Company B

As to your thoughts on a company cannot trade as another company is yes they can
I know this is possible as I run my own company which used to trade as a different name ie I was a company which purchased a franchise and traded as that franchise brand

For the time on the lease's that we say are unpaid
The name on the lease is literally Company A trading as Company B

As to your thoughts on a company cannot trade as another company is yes they can
I know this is possible as I run my own company which used to trade as a different name ie I was a company which purchased a franchise and traded as that franchise brand

Surely that was a business name?

If I said who company B is you would go Ooooh that company yes I imagine they have lots of other companies or sub divisions etc

Its Not BHP or RTZ

Back