i phone 6 gold

My daughter's 17th birthday in 10 days wants the I phone 6 gold, 64 gb, DH just purchased I phone gold 16 gb, now we are in trouble.

Is 16 gb stock standard?? I have no idea. I would have thought for a 17 yo, this would be adequate.

16GB is still a lot of space for music and photos. If i was getting the iPhone6+ with the big screen then i may get a 64GB as it could hold a few movies but otherwise 16GB is plenty in my opinion.

Call me a party pooper but 17 yr olds want $900 gifts these days !?!?

I'm looking to buy a new phone and am struggling to justify spending 550 on a phone I want,

I think the most expensive gidt I've bought anyone is my fathers 60th and that was $500

Call me a party pooper but 17 yr olds want $900 gifts these days !?!?

I'm looking to buy a new phone and am struggling to justify spending 550 on a phone I want,

I think the most expensive gidt I've bought anyone is my fathers 60th and that was $500
scrooge...

Music will fill it up pretty quickly.

However Apple really make their money on the extra memory. They spend $10 extra on a few GB and can justify charging $100 extra for it.

IMO you don't really need that much music loaded on your phone at one time. It would take no this of listening to get through it all. But it's hard to explain that to a teenager. We've all been conditioned to wanting the very vest.

My daughter's 17th birthday in 10 days wants the I phone 6 gold, 64 gb, DH just purchased I phone gold 16 gb, now we are in trouble.

Is 16 gb stock standard?? I have no idea. I would have thought for a 17 yo, this would be adequate.

Well I just bought the 64Gb model for myself. My old Iphone 4S was a 32Gb so I knew that was enough but as they don't make the 32Gb anymore it was a choice between a 16 or 64Gb (I knew I didn't need 128Gb!!)

I don't really know why Apple make a 16Gb anymore, really I think it's time they started at 32Gb as it won't cost them that much more.

If I can ever justify getting an iPhone 6 I probably wouldn't get the 16Gb as with the size of apps, larger photo files, music, movies and everything else these devices can do unless you are a very light user you could run out of space.

To quadruple your storage and go up to the 64Gb model costs 13% extra or $130.
For eight times the storage space with the 128Gb model it costs 25% extra or $250.

I would go for the 64Gb as a minimum and the 128Gb if you plan on keeping the phone for 2-3 years. The phones with higher storage have better resale value as well as there is a good market for them when everyone with 16Gb phones runs out of space and wants to upgrade and with iPhones if they are in good condition you can get a good sum back.

Personally I think the 64gb would be an excellent choice. Would I buy this as a gift for my 17 year old? If I was in a position to, why not.

Disagree

as someone who listens to a lot of music ( teenagers tend to do that ) , I had a iphone 5 , 32 and at the end it was woefully inadequate in terms of music storage .

I waited until I could get a 128 and less than a week later it's already half full.

The updates of the IOS in the last six month had resulted in me having to delete much music and my wife who doesn't listen to much music and had a iPhone5 16 was complaining about hers. About the only thing she had at the end was Evanescence

People who use their phones alot , take pictures , listen to music and use up lots of storage.

64 minimum , and 128 if you can afford to wait . They are hard to track down at the moment . We got ours mid last week .

Expensive gift for a teenager .. No .. Any Australian kid who doesn't have an iphone or samsung will feel disenfranchised from their peers . Yep , I know , it's a first world problem.:rolleyes:

Most important accessory is insurance ....

Cliff

Back