I think my iPad died

I think my iPad died. I'm typing this on my phone. It just won't turn on. Anyone else have this problem & was it costly to fix? Cheaper to just get a new one rather than repairing? Mine is 2 years old.

If I have to buy another one I might go for an iPad mini. It's cheaper plus it will be more portable/not as bulky.

Take you iPad to an Apple store.

Theywill replace it with the same model at a reduced cost.

The cost depends on a few things but is generally your best option.

Take you iPad to an Apple store.

Theywill replace it with the same model at a reduced cost.

The cost depends on a few things but is generally your best option.

They'd upgrade it to an Android if they had an ounce of customer service skill

Tablets are like politics.

People blindly follow one side and see no merit whatsoever in the other.

Yet in reality both sides have value. They are just different.

People's experiences shape what they prefer.

I think my iPad died. I'm typing this on my phone. It just won't turn on. Anyone else have this problem & was it costly to fix? Cheaper to just get a new one rather than repairing? Mine is 2 years old.

If I have to buy another one I might go for an iPad mini. It's cheaper plus it will be more portable/not as bulky.

Book yourself into the Genius Bar and see what they say.

Whenever I have smashed/drowned an apple product they have been able to replace like 4 like at a reduced cost. You can't change models. For example a replacement iPhone 4S was around $200 for a brand new model - doesn't come with any accessories and only 3mths warranty on the new one.

Had a similar problem with iphone once. Nothing we did would restart it.

Found a link online and held down the on/off button (on top) and the round front button together for about 15 seconds.

Was a factory reboot and got it going again.

Maybe look for the link and find all instructions first, I don't think it removed info and apps, but check first.

This might be a dumb question, but have you tried plugging it into the wall charger and leaving it for a while?

If mine runs completely flat it wont switch on at all, even wen plugged in. It needs to be plugged in for 10 - 15 minutes to get enough charge to even show a flat battery symbol, then another 15 minutes or so to charge enough to switch on, (and that's whilst it's connected to the mains power).

Propogate's post reminded me of a time we had a similar problem.

Turned out that we had a faulty charger.

Apparently iphones and ipads have a different voltage, so you can't interchange the chargers. Fortunately for us the cable went first.

Back