Ian Huntley

Ian wasn't only talking about shares. He was talking about all investing.

If you don't think greed and envy (he spoke of that) are the driving force behind RE generally and SS in particular, you'd better open your eyes.

There are many here like Ian's neighbour and cab driver.

Pigs get slaughtered

If you don't think greed and envy (he spoke of that) are the driving force behind RE generally and SS in particular, you'd better open your eyes.

Greed and the anticipation of gain (perhaps similar to gambling) provides a temporary increase in "natural inherent" endorphins (feel good chemicals, such as the body's opiates) and can lead us to behave on reflex, rather than reflect on our decisions........the carpenter's rule of measure twice, cut once :rolleyes:

There's a saying that bulls make money and bears can also make money, however pigs get slaughtered. :cool:

Sunfish,you can read all the books you want,sit in the back rows of all the fast buck free ??soap box speakers,but too listen too that man for 7 minutes for free is value,anyone starting out if you stuck to his rules you would not be working in ten year time, because after a while you don't worry about greed and envy everything goes the way you want it too..imho willair..

Actually Ian Huntleys approach to the stock market is remarkably similar to Jan Sommers approach to residential property (except without gearing).

Its also very interesting to note that both strategies have performed exceptionally well over long time periods, and both are get rich slowly but securely.

Actually Ian Huntleys approach to the stock market is remarkably similar to Jan Sommers approach to residential property (except without gearing).

Its also very interesting to note that both strategies have performed exceptionally well over long time periods, and both are get rich slowly but securely.
I know for a fact they and several others both work over time,it's just that some have a built in tendency to think they know a little more then they do, that is their first mistake,just go with the flow..willair..

I used to read Huntly in the old Shares magazine and I know he has written a news-letter for years but I have no interest in following his "tips" or Buffett's "style".

I don't actually disagree with what they say, I just don't have enough time on God's earth follow their teachings. But if that is your bent, go back to the original: Graham. Cut out the middle man.

the video clip gave some very good advice and I have found Ian Huntley's newletters over the years very educational. However, in recent times ie. 2007 on, I have found his newsletters written more like a horoscope. "It'll possibly rain if its not sunny" sort of advice and his writing style is sometimes very awkward. I entered the market August 2007 on his advice that we were only in a correction - wrong. I also bought a couple of stocks which he both recommended and owned and they both have gone out the back door with my money. Now I take full responsibility for my decisions so I haven't written any nasty letters to blame anyone else. I am just saying I now think there are better resources around to aide my investment decisions.

Huntley has been around for awhile and is well respected. I subscribed to two of his publications for 2 years in the 90s. Few of his buy recommendations produced great returns in the time I subscribed.

Huntley has been around for awhile and is well respected. I subscribed to two of his publications for 2 years in the 90s. Few of his buy recommendations produced great returns in the time I subscribed.

Its always about risk vs return.
His site is not a 'tip sheet' but about about creating long term sustainable wealth through the share market.
A very different investment vehicle being shares, but so many similarities with Jan Somers model.

For the record, his model portfolio has out performed over a 15year odd history, not a bad result, and not a one shot wonder.
As you can probably guess i have a lot of respect for him.

Its the only Australian retail shares newsletter that i bother to obtain through my network.

Back