Ice cream sandwich vs Jellybean

My first post here... maybe it should be property related but thought i'd put it here....

Has anyone here upgraded from Ice cream sandwich (4.0.4) to Jellybean (4.1.1) and do you reckon it's better? I flashed this new ROM from XDA but reckon it looks worse than ICS. Maybe it's more stable but i don't like the look of it and want to reinstall the stock ICS ROM but didn't make a backup :(

I can't post in the XDA Development forum to ask so thought i'd ask if any Android savvy person here can point me in the right direction. Phone is an S3 (i9003).

I am still on honeycomb on my iconia tablet... about all it gets used for is browsing somersoft an re.com.au whilst snuggly warm in bed :)

I'm not a geek, i promise :p
99% of the stuff they talk about on XDA is waaaay over my head.
I just like experimenting with different ROM's but don't like this latest one.

I'm still with My HTC desire. Low on memory, doesn't synch, so gotta root it soon. Read the instructions the other day on the web and was lost. And I have an IT background... Your post will generate 20 pages worth of replies in Whyrlpool (spelling?) in 30 minutes... Have you tried there?

I'm still with My HTC desire. Low on memory, doesn't synch, so gotta root it soon. Read the instructions the other day on the web and was lost. And I have an IT background... Your post will generate 20 pages worth of replies in Whyrlpool (spelling?) in 30 minutes... Have you tried there?

Hmm good idea, i will post something on Whirpool too.
Rooting is pretty easy once you get over the fear of bricking it, learn to use Odin and figure out how to get into download mode and recovery mode.
Loads of info on XDA but beware it's full of geeks discussing kernels :p
Have a look at the homepage for your device and there will be a sticky on how to root it with all the info and download links.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/

Hmm good idea, i will post something on Whirpool too.
Rooting is pretty easy once you get over the fear of bricking it, learn to use Odin and figure out how to get into download mode and recovery mode.
Loads of info on XDA but beware it's full of geeks discussing kernels :p
Have a look at the homepage for your device and there will be a sticky on how to root it with all the info and download links.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/

thanks mate. what phone have you got? I almost pulled the trigger and bought the Google Nexus. It's an awesome phone and has gone down in price substantially (colleagues bought it for ~$500, saw it for less than $400 the other day).

thanks mate. what phone have you got? I almost pulled the trigger and bought the Google Nexus. It's an awesome phone and has gone down in price substantially (colleagues bought it for ~$500, saw it for less than $400 the other day).

I'm now on a rooted Samsung S3 which replaced the S2. Still getting used to its size though. I had a look at the Nexus but would spend the extra $120 and get an S3. Or you can get the latest S2 (LTE model) for about $400 now.

My first post here... maybe it should be property related but thought i'd put it here....

Has anyone here upgraded from Ice cream sandwich (4.0.4) to Jellybean (4.1.1) and do you reckon it's better? I flashed this new ROM from XDA but reckon it looks worse than ICS. Maybe it's more stable but i don't like the look of it and want to reinstall the stock ICS ROM but didn't make a backup :(

I can't post in the XDA Development forum to ask so thought i'd ask if any Android savvy person here can point me in the right direction. Phone is an S3 (i9003).

I have upgraded from Ice Cream Sandwich To JellyBean on my S2 GTi9100
I personal prefer JellyBean But it is of personal preference.
Ice Cream Sandwich is Well Supported and will be for the next 2-3 Years,
JellyBean has a New HQcomposer (aka all programs will be smoother) and it has expandable notifications But Only JellyBean apps utilize this.
So its really up too you.But JellyBean will have more hidden features
It may be the ROM you are using.Try Get CM( cyanogenMod ).

Dude, a Google nexus is only $150-$250 and it had Android 2.2
U mean a GALAXY NEXUS that has Ice Cream Sandwich-JellyBean

I invented ice cream sandwiches well before the Monaco Bar was released.

I used two Malt-O-Milk biscuits from the Arnott's Assortment Pack (the boring non-cream ones) with ice cream as filling. Sometimes I would used just one biscuit as an open sandwich.

Back