Ideas for a blog post (Property Management related)

Hi Guys I have some free time at the moment and have decided to write a couple of blogs for our website and newsletters

What subjects would people want me to write about?

Thinking from a newbie perspective:

Rentals:
- What are the reasons behind my PM recommending a rent increase? How much is too much? Am I being greedy etc?
- Tenants with pets, the good, the bad and purfect?
- What sort of tenant is my property targeting or mostly suited to? How do I capitalise on this?
- Best times of the year to let a property? 10.48 month lease may benefit you as a LL more than a 6 or 12 month lease etc.
- Swimming pools in rentals. Sink or swim? The benefits and drawbacks? Should I provide pool servicing? 'new' pool regulations for rentals.
- Including gardening?
- Real basic stuff, like how often you can enter a tenants home and under what circumstances. etc
- Tenant asks for AC/blinds/a rose garden/heating. What should I do?

Sales:
- all the basics. Photos. Copy. Ofi times etc

IMO a few stories on property investors and their journey, if you can find any stories, as they are usually interesting.

Also, expanding on the previous post under Sales - the type of sale and the reasons behind each type, auction, private treaty, silent etc. Also touching on the advertising behind the sales and what is used when and why, i.e., internet, signboards, newspaper local and city-wide, leaflet-direct advertising etc.

Not sure if you wanted any humour in the blog, however if you did, some topics I would go with: Real Estate agents and the cars they drive; real estate agents and the phones they use, and just make up something funny linking each brand to the personality of the agent.

How about the On-line property Inspection booking process for listings
Ie, Inspection times/automated bookings

I would really love to see something aimed at LL's about why they should carry out maintenance on their property and why licensed trades are needed to carry out specific work as opposed to their unemployed cousin..... Perhaps even getting into the consequences of if they don't carry out work and a tenant is injured or takes them to tribunal for compensation etc.

Now that strata laws are becoming more pet friendly, renting with pets is getting a lot of media attention.

http://realestate.msn.com/article.aspx?cp-documentid=19186150

http://www.realestate.com.au/blog/renting-pets-landlords-might-ok/

Many responsible pet owner tenants are willing to pay more and chip in towards property maintenance so that they can have the pets. Pet friendly rentals also attract 3x more interested tenants.

How can a property manager manage this new interest, and select for tenants that increase cashflow but don't cause problems? You're welcome to use the material for my new website for your articles http://www.rentwithpets.com.au/index.php/landlords2/how-to-find-good-tenants
Feedback is most welcome as it is a new business and I'm still working on it.

Cheers,
Yen

Back