Ideas for strip fluro light replacement in kitchen

I do something different in my kitchens. And it involves strip fluoros.

A fluoro sits above the cabinets. In the space between the top of the cabinets and the roof. They are about 1 inch off the top of the cabinet and wall mounted. Plain single tube. Don't need a diffuser. White ceilings bounce this light everywhere.
You can't see it, but floods the kitchen with light. Makes it look very open especially with light, neutral colours. Use a "cool white" tube.
Just make sure you're ceiling is "perfect" otherwise it will show up bad surfaces.

Maybe add the cheap spots or downlights over certain points (ie. sink) so that there is no light coming from behind across the shoulders to the workspace which usually gives a shadow.
The rangehood provides light for the stove or cooktop.

That is a great idea. Love to see a photo?

I like the bulkheads they used this year and last on The Block with similar lighting set-ups, you get a wash of light but don't have to look into the light itself.

That sounds great mark, I never had thought of that! Might try it with the next one. :rolleyes: I too would love a photo if you had one.

Thanks to all for some great ideas! :D:D:D

Here is a photo (attached) which was on the listing. Not really a "lights on" photo.
The fluoro is above the cabinets on the right. About an inch above so it is easier to change bulbs and clean under. Mounted on the wall.

What is not showing is the downlights (GU10 based LED bulbs) above the sink.

Done this in about 6 houses now including a PPOR.
Also found it a cheap light to run if people are moving around at night or coming home late without annoying other rooms or lounge around.

Make sure the roof painting is perfect though!

Attachments

• 03 (1).jpg
    03 (1).jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 95
Back