Ideas On Palmerston(Darwin) Market

G'Day All,

Just seeking everyone's opinion on what they think is occuring in the Darwin market at the moment particularly Palmerston. I want to buy around Sept/Oct this year and hoping it doesn't keep going the way it is. Using this time now to do as much research as possible.

A search on Realestate.com.au on Durack, Gunn, Rosebery and Farrar between 400k-600k pulls up a lot of houses but most are already under contract under offer. I am only new to this but does that indicate a Sellers Market. I also think this is a lot of first home buyer involvement. I am not in Darwin at the moment so can't even look at the quality of places or speak to agents.

Thanks

Struddy

Hey Strud!

I'm quite knowledgable on the whole Darwin area and reside here, also have the majority of my investments here and am constantly watching the market.

I will say quite confidently that the majority of agents here are very good and also quite friendly, I can name a few who are fantastic if you'd like.

Palmo is still going very strong and I like the area as it boasts newer buildings and lifestyle choice.

Its very hard to go wrong as long as you're buying in the right suburb and in most cases, that does not even seem to matter a great deal as everywhere is seeing good gains..

Quality properties are going under contract quickly.

Palmo has moved up around 7-15% since the beginning of the year and is still firing, I don't expect things to change in a hurry, let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Thank you.

Land Sales

Does this also apply to land only sales, or only house sales in Palmerston area?

Would love to purchase house but the prices seem to be increasing by the day in this area?

Cheers

Andy

Back