Ideas

This property is on sale with a total areas of 900m2, 70 and 72 (2 lots, 1 title). An old house is situated on 72. Zoning of LDR.

configuration as per pic

http://tinypic.com/r/fdvvc1/8

Has anyone got any ideas on what i can do with this lot? Both properties have access to the road. boundary realignment? Duplex, triplex? Any ideas would be much appreciated?

What are your council rules for setbacks ? From the street and also for the corner ?? My fmr land had these issues. If you encoach one side the other increases.

Any easements ?

A local surveyor will know how to work the land area.

A private 35m pool in the backyard for a serious swimmer? That's all I got.
Would love to see what this turns into! What a fun challenge!

Looks like something out of a highschool maths text book. Are we meant to calculate the area or the cosine of one of the corners?

could you could put a shared driveway or parking or garage up 70. Then maybe have a split building with 2 townhouses? Ive seem similar in canberra where you have a rear lane to your garage and then a second floor over the gargae for the neighbours

Buy the block behind! to make it easier

thanks all for your feedback, will get a town planner or a surveyor involved and see what they say. I will keep you posted if anyone is interested.

lot 70 is to narrow to do anything useful ( 5.5m) with councils set back, not much to work with...it could look at it as a type of "battle axe land " and make lot 70 a drive way? and build 2 on lot 72 ....but having such a long and wide driveway is a waste of land as well, given it's a corner block :(

As mentioned, buy lot 68 if it's available ;)

My instinct, is to put a driveway where it says '16.5m', that then hooks left, to a duplex. 70 can be spit in two and provide each unit with it's own private open space.

Depending on where it is and how much capital you can access, four units, over two stories could be worth looking into.

Jeremy

Last edited by a moderator:
My instinct, is to put a driveway where it says '16.5m', that then hooks left, to a duplex. 70 can be spit in two and provide each unit with it's own private open space.

Depending on where it is and how much capital you can access, four units, over two stories could be looking into.

Jeremy

^ very smart and creative.

Last edited by a moderator:
... make lot 70 a drive way?...

No point using 70 as a driveway if you can enter straight off the road.

Contemporary Japanese architecture have some pretty good examples of innovative designs on tiny/awkward sites. Local codes will not be as inspiring.
However, some ideas may translate.

Back