if I've offered my highest price, what else can sweeten the deal?

I wanted your suggestions on what else could sweeten the deal for the vendor, without me increasing the offer price.

The list:
- Settlement period that suits them best.
- Higher deposit? I know this is a really stupid question, but say I offer 20% deposit instead of 10%. Does that sweeten the deal in Victoria or not really coz I assume the agent just holds onto the deposit until settlement anyway?
- Unconditional offer
- what about licencing agreement where if a tenant moves into the vacant property prior to settlement, the vendor can have the rent?
- ?????

It depends on the circumstances of the seller, but fast settlement has worked for me.

When I said I was prepared to settle in two weeks on a developer renovated flat, ready to move in, it did the deal.

Win for me in saving paying rent, Win for them in saving interest on their loan.

This is a brand new townhouse. The last left of four. They are losing money evey month it doesnt sell. I've offered 30 day settlement.

This... Find out the reason for selling.. If you can offer a solution to their problem as to why they want to sell without increasing purchase price. Be in a win-win negotiation.

This is a good advise!

Depending on vendor's circumstances offering settlement of their liking, long or short with unconditional contract has always brought good results for us.

As mentioned in the other thread now I am a victim of my own greedyness. Buyer of our PPOR wanted desparately short settlement, that was not suitable for us, but they put enough extra money on the table to sweeten the deal and now we are panicking...:eek:

Back