If you engage a finance broker from here, do you tell them your username?

Do you tell the broker your forum username?

• Yes, I think it can benefit

Votes: 21 48.8%
  • No, because I don't think it adds any benefit to the relationship

Votes: 22 51.2%

• Total voters
There's lots of finance brokers on here chasing customers. Some are good and some aren't. I've had two really bad ones from here wirh thousands of posts but couldn't get the job done or communicate effectively.

I've since found a good broker through here but emailed them without mentioning this forum or what my username is. I think alerting a broker to your username could possibly be detrimental so I avoid it. Do you engage a broker here and tell them your username because there might be an advantage?

All the brokers i've ever used have come from this forum.

I don't think them knowing you're here or not should make any difference. If they can communicate effectively, get your deal through and structure it correctly then i doubt that behavior would change based on the source of the lead.

Yes it shouldn't make any difference but sometimes it can, especially if you have strong political views or spend a lot of time in the coffee lounge voicing unpopular opinions. In that case it's possible you might get treated differently.

No I never do.

In fact I have used a number of brokers and professionals from this forum and to this day they are none the wiser, unless they can recall things like yelling and attempting to throw a chair at a client lol.

Yes it shouldn't make any difference but sometimes it can, especially if you have strong political views or spend a lot of time in the coffee lounge voicing unpopular opinions. In that case it's possible you might get treated differently.

Hmm you might be right. I contacted a certain professional on here wanting to use his services and he never responded. Perhaps because he doesn't agree with the crap that i post? :p

I don't think it'd change the level of service though, even though it may make them decline taking you on.

i have some clients from here. Some tell me their user names but I don't go an search their posts to check what they have written as it doesn't make any difference.

I think you. Dex, sent me an email through the forum which had your user name on it. I vaguely remembered seeing it but not what you had been posting. I replied to you but you never replied back from memory.

Sometimes I PM them before engaging their service so they know my username, sometimes I just mention that I know them from Somersoft, have referred friends to contacts in here as well

If I decided to be in contact, it doesn't matter if they know or don't know my username - they'll be dealing with me anyway.

There's lots of finance brokers on here chasing customers. Some are good and some aren't. I've had two really bad ones from here wirh thousands of posts but couldn't get the job done or communicate effectively.

I've since found a good broker through here but emailed them without mentioning this forum or what my username is. I think alerting a broker to your username could possibly be detrimental so I avoid it. Do you engage a broker here and tell them your username because there might be an advantage?

I dont think it makes any difference if he/she acts professionally

No big deal unless you can get a discount by giving them your forum username.
Some businesses on here will give you a better rate just if you mention Somersoft forums, no username required.

I don't think I'll intentionally say it but if my broker does ask, why not? I mean there's nothing to hide.

I find that most new clients from SS tell me they found me on SS - but I don't bother to ask them what they're username is and most don't tell me. It really makes no difference.

Cheers

Jamie

I am with Jamie i sometimes ask people how they found us but honestly if they say they were from SS i wouldn't ask them their user name or go and check their previous posts.

I have nothing to hide but doesn't worry me if a potential client doesn't want to tell me their real name.

Cheers

Back