If you engage a finance broker from here, do you tell them your username?

Do you tell the broker your forum username?

• Yes, I think it can benefit

Votes: 21 48.8%
  • No, because I don't think it adds any benefit to the relationship

Votes: 22 51.2%

• Total voters
My broker is on SS and knows who I am. Because of this i can't post nasty comments about him :p (He's a top broker by the way so don't need to)

I am in the same situation - I have deliberately not told my broker that I know him through the forums.

The more I keep the broker in the dark, the less trouble I seem to have. With my previous broker, I told them everything (the bankruptcy, the 3 credit cards in my sisters name & the child support payments) and we hit huge issues every time we applied for a loan. With my latest broker I haven't mentioned any of this stuff and we've never had an issue with the loan.

I don't think I'd feel comfortable with my broker knowing my userid - it took me a couple of weeks just to feel comfortable giving my real name to him over the phone.

I am in the same situation - I have deliberately not told my broker that I know him through the forums.

The more I keep the broker in the dark, the less trouble I seem to have. With my previous broker, I told them everything (the bankruptcy, the 3 credit cards in my sisters name & the child support payments) and we hit huge issues every time we applied for a loan. With my latest broker I haven't mentioned any of this stuff and we've never had an issue with the loan.

I don't think I'd feel comfortable with my broker knowing my userid - it took me a couple of weeks just to feel comfortable giving my real name to him over the phone.

You need to tell your broker all the information to make an informed financial consent otherwise FRAUD!!

Do you feel at peace mortally and ethically?

Most clients from SS tell me during the first phone call/email that they're from Somersoft, some say their username, others don't.

Each to their own, I'd say most brokers here don't have the time to trawl through their clients posts. :)

There's lots of finance brokers on here chasing customers. Some are good and some aren't. I've had two really bad ones from here wirh thousands of posts but couldn't get the job done or communicate effectively.

I've since found a good broker through here but emailed them without mentioning this forum or what my username is. I think alerting a broker to your username could possibly be detrimental so I avoid it. Do you engage a broker here and tell them your username because there might be an advantage?

If I were you, I wouldn't tell anyone who I was.

Most clients from SS tell me during the first phone call/email that they're from Somersoft, some say their username, others don't.

Each to their own, I'd say most brokers here don't have the time to trawl through their clients posts. :)

Too busy playing Playstation it seems :p

You're such a pork :rolleyes:
:):rolleyes:

EVRHJwZ.gif

Back