If you live in Western Sydney...Budget 2014

Just trying to digest the Budget 2014 in relation:

http://www.news.com.au/finance/economy/what-the-federal-budget-2014-means-for-you/story-fn84fgcm-1226916437313

IF YOU LIVE IN WESTERN SYDNEY ...
Good news as you will receive the lion?s share of an $11.6 billion Infrastructure Growth Package. It?s part of $50 billion to be spent over the next seven years with $14.9 billion of that going to New South Wales.

Western Sydney will directly benefit from a dedicated infrastructure plan that includes development of an airport at Badgerys Creek as well as improved transport connections like a $2 billion concessional loan to help build the WestConnex.

What's peoples view on the recent Badgery's Creek Airport announcement, now a confirmed budget spending on building infrastructure on Western Sydney?

There has been alot of talk in the past about Western Sydney getting this boost, but I have not seen anything as committed as now.

As for property investment, I would think it will create rental issues in short term with workers flying in, and good capital growth in the long term because of the infrastructure and employment opportunities.

looks promising to me!:D

"These projects will create around 4,000 jobs during construction while development of Sydney's second airport is expected to create 35,000 jobs by 2035, increasing to 60,000 jobs over time.

Although the Western Sydney airport will not be fully operational for a decade, planning for the new airport will start immediately and construction is expected to start in 2016. It is envisaged that most of the cost of the airport will be met by a private sector operator.

Over the next 20 years, the region's population is expected to grow from two million to three million people. Western Sydney is already Australia's third largest economy and, in its own right, would be our fourth largest city."

taken from
http://www.minister.infrastructure.gov.au/wt/releases/2014/may/budget-infra_15-2014.aspx

Back