If you want to suceed in property investing ....

Having been hanging around the forum for several months now, one thing has struck me ..

There seems to be an over representation on canberrans involved ( successfully) in property investing who have too much time on their hands.

After due consideration I propose two reasons why this happens. Both arise from the basic underlying cause.

Canberra is BORING as ....!!!

Now this results in effects.

1 Because Canberra is so boring they have lots of spare time , probably to much, so they need something to occupy their time. This is where property investing steps in. Something to occupy time that is money orientated to give a balance to the altruistic jobs that canberrans tend to have

2 Canberrans will look for any excuse to get out of Canberra. Having a portfolio of properties scattered around more interesting places in australia is an excellent and tax effective way to do this .

I'm sure I have overlooked other things , but living in sydney I have many other things to occupy my time, that'll do for the moment.

happy investing see change

it's better to be guide by your dreams than your fears

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

jealousy is a curse SC :eek:)

TW
~Life is a daring adventure, or nothing at all~

Reply: 1.1

Thanks for reminding me TW

3) Jealousy . Because you are so jealous of the rest of Australia , you try to make up for these feelings of Jealousy by buying little bits of australia as a mechanism to resolve those underlying feelings of being incomplete.

Happy investing see change

it's better to be guided by your dreams than your fears

Reply: 1.1.1

Oh See Change- do you really have to be so elitist? Canberra is a lovely city, well planned, full of nice gardens, wide streets, open spaces, museums, politicians, country air.......... Oh, Ok, maybe it's not that exciting but it is home to many on this forum (I'm not one of them BTW) and I'm sure they love it. Each to their own!!
Be cheerful- it's Christmas!
Cheers, Jacque :)

Reply: 1.1.1.1

There is always Fyshwick to get your heart pumping....

Cheers
Robert

The Sydney "Freestylers" Group Leader.

PS: "Be Not Afraid Of Growing Slowly, Be Afraid Of Only Standing Still."

Reply: 2

Hmm I couldn't resist this one...

There are three reasons Canberrans have such a high proportion of active property investors who participate on the forum:

1)Canberrans have, on average, a higher level of intelligence than the rest of Australia and therefore have cottoned on to property investing...
2) We have more spare cash due to higher incomes (compensation for our cleverness) which is aided by the fact that we live in such a lovely city with reasonable house prices
3) We have higher than average literacy levels and therefore are not afraid to write intelligently in a public arena!!!!

So there all you Canberra bashers!!! :)

Rachel

Reply: 2.1

>>SIMPLE<< TW lives down there !! And the rest of you are down there smuchin' for secrets... hehehe :eek:P

Reply: 2.1.1

Sea Change,

You are not moving to Canberra by any chance?

Serge.

Back