If you're so rich, why aren't you happier?

Every generation and every era faces its problems. We are the "sandwiched" generation? I'd rather be that than the generation plagued with crusades, wars, famine or the black plague.

If we are content with what we have, content with the fact that we tried hard, we will be happy.

Happiness is fleeting. Contentment/being at peace is a much better goal.

Sometimes things will happen to make you feel unhappy. The person who is hysterically happy at a funeral probably needs to see a doctor.

But being at peace with your lot in life is much better than the alternative. There's a difference between the person who MUST have more A,B,C,D to be content, and the person who is just content with what they have and they might have preferences for A,B,C,D and they may work towards those things, but they don't HAVE to have them to be content.

In any case I find it useful to remind myself from time to time, *you are currently in a room *in a suburb *in a city *in a state *in a country *on a planet * in a solar system *in a universe... and you are a tiny tiny little speck of existence, on a planet that will one day be wiped out, in a solar system that will one day collide with another solar system and be destroyed, and everything you do, everything you say, everything you think will come to nothing. So why stress? Just enjoy your speck of existence as best you can.

I think life is a bit better after we get over ourselves.

You reckon Gina Rinehart is 5 million times happier than the rest of us based on her wealth? Money will only bring you happiness to a point of being comfortable. Beyond that, it comes down to your outlook in life, your partner, kids, friends, relationships, hobbies, beliefs, etc. I'd rather have my happiness over money any day! From my experience, when we were making more money, we were less happy.

Who's to judge, but I think I know many people happier than her.
Her unhappiness (as we assume) is self-inflicted.

She's got more than she could ever spend, so could be more benevolent (with her kids), and find a few more exciting things to do with her time.

Going to the gym might be one of them.

Just sayin'

Back