Ilegally Parked Speed Camera Operator

I just got a fine for doing 68 in a 60 zone.

I did notice he was parked illegally on a bike path down Station St in Edithvale. There are specific reserves where cars can park but he was definitely on the bike path.

I also left a query with Bicycle Victoria.

Can they issue tickets from spots, where they should not be?

The police are legally allowed to break the law when on duty.

Perhaps it's time to start writing to your MP's requesting that the police be subject to the same laws, and penalities, that the community is!!

But in Toony case, I GUESS Speed Camera Operator was NOT a Police officer. Should be a private company operator.

KK

So you were doing 68 in a 60 zone, got caught, and just want to find a way to weasel out of paying a fine that you should pay? I could understand a cyclist complaining....

I just got a fine for doing 68 in a 60 zone.

I did notice he was parked illegally on a bike path down Station St in Edithvale. There are specific reserves where cars can park but he was definitely on the bike path.

I also left a query with Bicycle Victoria.

Last edited:

Perhaps it's time to start writing to your MP's requesting that the police be subject to the same laws, and penalities, that the community is!!

multinoa opeartors are not police, they are public servants.

big difference.

your local council can - and do - issue infringement notices to illegally parked multinova vans.

your local council can - and do - issue infringement notices to illegally parked multinova vans.

That's the case in WA at least.

We also have "proceeds of crime" legislation. It would be interesting to see if you could get out of it on that basis. Mind you, parking violations aren't generally considered to be criminal acts so I suspect not...

Back