Serco Sodexho 450 employees
Woolworths supermarkets 360 employees
Australian Paper 300 employees
NASPO 300 employees
Ramsey Group 300 employees
The Manildra Group 220 employees
Tyco Flow Controls 150 employees
Hanlon Windows 100 employees

Thanks for those chilliblue. Do you feel these numbers would have increased considerably since then, and if so, why?

Some changes have definitely occurred since then with at least 1 no longer there, another going by the end of the year and another two reduced but would still be on the list (just).

May sound bad but in reality its OK as Serco (SSDS) has gone but replaced by Wilson Security / Transfield / Spotless doing the same jobs with the same combined employee numbers (maybe slightly less) and Defence and NASPO have reduced numbers but Aviation Support Industry to Defence has increased so probably a net gain. The only real loss in the Australian Paper mill which goes at the end of the year.

There seems to be heaps happening locally in the Shoalhaven with the recent QUEST apartment opening, a new super Clinic and Cancer centre at the hospital, road works, building of new houses and retail developments ongoing in South Nowra and proposals for new ones at Bomaderry I think the short to medium term looks OK as long as they (all 3 levels of government) can get employment generated and some of the social issues under control (ICE).

Certainly wasn't meaning to offend. Was just genuinely curious as to what properties were being purchased and for what reasons, as I reside on the North coast in a similar coastal environment.

No worries, I don't get offended. Got any tips for up that way?

Back