Illegal But Apparently Happening

Was talking to a friend and he was telling me about a website promoting revenge of the renters. I can't seem to find it for the life of me but they are advocating tenants getting back at landlords with things such as putting dead rats into the wall cavities, putting termites in the roof and other such nasty things. What is the world coming to.

I found it hard to get past "3 bedroom home in Sydney for $270pw" That stopped me in my tracks. Date 2003 - ha that explains it!

Dont put prawns in your curtain rods

I have not seen the website but reminds of what someone was telling me about putting prawns in the curtain rods as a way of revenge on someone.

http://www.jenman.com.au/news_article.php?id=50

lol, that is funny - such a D&G article for landlords - how much you all suffered since 2003 :p

From the Jenman article
Last week, Janice did something unusual. She asked for an air-conditioner. The landlord agreed. And without increasing the rent to cover the expense – as landlords are often prone to do.

Smart move. If this landlord loses Janice, he will struggle to find someone under the same conditions. Good tenants are the most in-demand commodity in today's property market.

I've just had the same request from my tenants and they offered an extra $40/week to get it done.

Dave

I've just had the same request from my tenants and they offered an extra $40/week to get it done.

Dave

and i thought we were generous when we offered our landlord an extra $15/wk to have aircon installed... and he whinged about interest rates and other stuff and said no to our request.

Was talking to a friend and he was telling me about a website promoting revenge of the renters. I can't seem to find it for the life of me but they are advocating tenants getting back at landlords with things such as putting dead rats into the wall cavities, putting termites in the roof and other such nasty things. What is the world coming to.

Putting a rat in the wall cavity is nothing, it'll only smell bad for a week or so. Termites though - now thats just nasty.

just another reason why I don't like resi IPs... you subsidise these parasites and they reward you with a pitance in rent, endless whining and then turn around and malisciously cause $100k or so of damage.

Too much risk, too little reward.

Back