I'm Expanding, New Stand Alone Conveyancing Practice - Input requested

Hi All

BACKGROUND
We have been working on spinning off our Conveyancing practice into a stand alone consumer oriented firm for the majority of this year. We have been tweaking our staffing, refining procedures and basically working on coming up with the most efficient structure while still providing great service.

We are anticipating that we will be launching in the new year. Our property practice will stay as is with all the development, leasing and general property law kept in our current commercial and property firm.

This is a straight out conveyancing practice, where we can run a lean operation so that we can peg our prices under the number 1 in QLD (Conveyancing Works) but have each matter handled individually by a solicitor, not paralegals, or teams of unqualified admin type staff as is done by our competitors.

We currently live on pretty much referrals alone, which is outstanding and so very much appreciated.

We are runnning under 2 key premises
1. Provide outstanding Service (including by having each conveyance handled day to day by a solicitor).

2. Priced under the Number 1 practice (by investing in software to ensure the background processes are handled as efficiently as possible, and keeping non salary costs low -employing solicitors instead of paralegals or admins means our salary costs are higher by head).

We are going to brand other separate transactional practices the same, so the name needs to translate across different areas. So if we were to go with ABC Conveyancing, in subsequent years we would be opening ABC Wills & Estates, ABC Commercial Leasing, ABC Trusts & Companies. All done by solicitors but fixed and competitively priced.

INPUT FROM YOU GUYS
This is very much a consumer focused firm. We have done an enormous amount of work on this thus far but I am always a big believer in getting as much feedback, ideas as possible and there are a lot of creative minds on this forum so I am chasing as much input as I can get before we decide on some of the final details.

Any and all suggestions and feedback please on any or all of the topics below (or throw in anything else also):

1. Name Suggestions (National Business names mean a lot of the good ones are already gone).

2. Slogans / bylines that would suit what we are trying to achieve.

3. If you walk into a real estate agent and there are a bunch of cards/brochures on the table, what is it that makes you choose one over the other.

4. If you google conveyancing, what is it you are looking for on the search results page (ie what makes you click one over the other)

5. When you go to a website, what is that makes you contact that firm?

6. What do you want from the firm you engage?

7. What is not being done by firms now that you would like to be done?

thanks for reading the long post and any and all feedback is much appreciated.

INPUT FROM YOU GUYS
This is very much a consumer focused firm. We have done an enormous amount of work on this thus far but I am always a big believer in getting as much feedback, ideas as possible and there are a lot of creative minds on this forum so I am chasing as much input as I can get before we decide on some of the final details.

This agency looks into the build up of all the "hidden risks" that drive every company before you end up in poverty,or the expectations of the few are always vastly different from standalone expections..

Hi All

a professionally built one with some money spent on it, cheap websites stick out like dogs balz ;) a direct line w a name for contact and also I always read about the "our team" section, as quite often a face to a name adds to my confidence in selection

COMMUNICATION I recently was privileged to receive the most outstanding service from a finance broker and he communicated like nothing I had ever experienced from anyone else! every step of the way i had ph calls, emails, texts, it was really something, I have forward him to at least 5 different contacts and he continues to deliver, I'm not trying to plug this guy but with the clear and effective communication he delivers, there is a reason why this guy is so busy. I think that with the level of communication he engaged w me, I believe it felt almost personal, and that was something you don't really feel from many companies you connect w anymore

flowers and chocolates ;)

Sorry that's all I got, good luck w it dude :)

Cheers for the feedback this far, much appreciated.

I have a dozen or so domains that are relevant thus far, still collecting though

My requirement for conveyancing - communication and efficiency. I pay to have the whole process just handled, so I dont want to have to chase the person to ensure things are done.

If there is problem I expect them to say "here is the issue, here is options a b c blah, i recommend you do blah". Not expect the client to make a legal decision.. after all thats why I am paying a solicitor.

I once had a conveyance by a large firm whos slogan is that they are "very good at it". It was an abysmal experience, with no communication and settlement delayed as the guy handling it went on holidays and didnt hand the matter to someone else.

My requirement for conveyancing - communication and efficiency. I pay to have the whole process just handled, so I dont want to have to chase the person to ensure things are done.

That's my requirements as well as being reasonably priced.
I use a conveyancer that's been doing it for over 20yrs and has ties to solicitors if need be.Get's the job done without delay.

Hi All

BACKGROUND
We have been working on spinning off our Conveyancing practice into a stand alone consumer oriented firm for the majority of this year.............................

...........INPUT FROM YOU GUYS

Any and all suggestions and feedback please on any or all of the topics below (or throw in anything else also):

1. Name Suggestions (National Business names mean a lot of the good ones are already gone).

Expert Conveyancing
Conveyancing Made Easy
Conveyancing Made Simple

Professionals at a low price/cost
Peace of mind whether you buy or sell.

3. If you walk into a real estate agent and there are a bunch of cards/brochures on the table, what is it that makes you choose one over the other.

Colour and clarity. Busy cards with too much information are a put-off for me. Blue's and Grey's like your town planning biz card is more pleasing to my eye than your legal card.

If you are rolling out a suite of complementary allied services under the same umbrella you will need uniform branding across the board so people aren't confused. Those who have had a good/great experience with one aspect of the service model will want to see a similar/identical branding to another service that they may require and this may help sway their decision to "stick with the family" they know.

4. If you google conveyancing, what is it you are looking for on the search results page (ie what makes you click one over the other)

A domain (biz) name that describes what it does rather than where it is (suburb wise).

I need to find the info/benefits that apply to me within zero to one click deep. If there are too many sub-menus and too many graphics that affect rapid page loading.........see ya later.

Timely communication and delivery of what their timeline nominates in the engagement.

Good Luck Darryl :)

Why does it have to be 'National'? Do you really think anyone would hire an interstate conveyancing firm??

I would actually have the QLD word in it so that you would come on google search when an interstate buyer looks for a conveyancer.

Why does it have to be 'National'? Do you really think anyone would hire an interstate conveyancing firm??

I would,everything nowa days a done via the net anyway.Though it would come down to pricing,communication,know how and getting the job done.

Cheers Spades.

I would,everything nowa days a done via the net anyway.Though it would come down to pricing,communication,know how and getting the job done.
It is not about 'communication' (being able to send files via internet). It is about knowing the local state rules and regulations. Knowing about specific issues related to specific areas.

It is not about 'communication' (being able to send files via internet). It is about knowing the local state rules and regulations. Knowing about specific issues related to specific areas.

That's why i mentioned know how,next time i'll be more specific,
Cheers Spades.

Last edited:

I would actually have the QLD word in it so that you would come on google search when an interstate buyer looks for a conveyancer.

The change to national business names through ASIC means that there are a lot more names that we can't use. But also we are going to open offices in different states in coming years.

Back