I'm so angry! Where should I be directing my energy?

I've been in Sydney working 72 hours a week for a month! I just bought a fridge and a washing machine which cost 2700$ and I've only just gotten paid properly for the first time this week since my employer kept doing my pay without my tfn.

My point about the unit was that at 500/wk, there's no air con.. So 360/wk for a 4 bedroom house with air con is pretty damn good if you ask me!

And yup, can't afford furniture just yet.. Maybe next pay

Ever thought of saving..?

Rather than living week to week, if your employer is being a w*nk, get a new job!

You're working 72 hours a week, that's a personal choice, so i'm damn sure you earn a hell of a lot more than me, and i can afford furniture..!!

You seem to have been misleading in many of your posts, if you want to rant and rave about tenants, at least tell us the full story, and the point from the start, that way we can help you.

Whereas now, you seem to have p*ssed some people off, whom i would presume were quite willing to help in the first place..

And if you think you pay too much rent..ah MOVE!

And you're really not, but if you look around i assure you that you can find one cheaper..

If you've got a roomy, why wasn't there already a washer and dryer..?
And for that amount, are they gold plated..?
If money's tight, buy second hand, and do some more research, and don't give us a sob story if you're not giving us the facts from the start.

okay - lets look at it all here.

you bash up guys and claim it's not your fault

you have affairs with married women and claim its not your fault

you abuse you past boss and claim its not your fault

you choose to install an unrequired aircon and tv point for tenant then get angry at them for you doing so

you choose to work in a job of 72hours a week and complain about the hours but in the next breath you say you do nothing while there - so you're getting money for jam with massive overtime

you choose to live in a place that costs $250+ to rent and cry poor

you choose to buy new washer and dryer (as lil skater pointed out, nothing wrong with 2nd hand, scratch and dent or a clothes horse - same goes with furniture) and cry poor

you choose to get angry and abusive about reasonable tenants requests

you abuse your pm for doing her job and contacting you about reasonable tenant issues.

you choose not to touch your savings yet whinge that you are poor and seem to expect sympathy

at the start of the post i briefly thought "yay, he's bought a rental."

but that has very quickly soured to "take some personal responsibility and get over yourself!" have a look at what the common factor is in all the aspects that are causing you stress. you.

Last edited:
Bon, you've previously stated on the forum that you were fired for an assault. Now you sound like you're worked up into a raging fury because a tenant has made some polite and reasonable requests.

It seems that you have great difficulty accepting even minor irritants. I think you should consider an anger management course. Uncontrolled anger is a sure-fire road to misery.

I'm not trying to be a smart-****, either; I know a few "rageaholics". They make themselves and those around them miserable. I feel genuinely sorry for them; it doesn't look like fun to be full of so much venom and bitterness. :( I think if you were able to get rid of some of it, you'd feel a new person. Good luck. :)

Bon, you've had about 50 replys all giving much the same suggestions and explainations, what have YOU done to this point , to solve the tenancy issues, other than venting your spleen??

I've been in Sydney working 72 hours a week for a month! I just bought a fridge and a washing machine which cost 2700$ and I've only just gotten paid properly for the first time this week since my employer kept doing my pay without my tfn.

My point about the unit was that at 500/wk, there's no air con.. So 360/wk for a 4 bedroom house with air con is pretty damn good if you ask me!

And yup, can't afford furniture just yet.. Maybe next pay

Hmmm.... Let me see, if you pop down to any electrical place, you will find a fridge for under $1k and a washing machine for $600-700. This would leave you with at least another $1k to buy some furniture. This is new prices BTW. You would pay less for second hand.

Frankly I can't see how you can share accommodation with a friend in a unit with no furniture. Then, the first thing you buy is a fridge and a washing machine? Expensive ones at that! Again, something is just not right.

So where is that fine line between 'constructive critisism' and 'Bon Bashing' everyone?

I wouldn't think there was too much more to say myself....

They must be having too much fun flaming me to read I called the builder, then called the real estate agent and the problem has been fixed... It's alright though, I'm at work and they're helping me to pass the time!

Back